Start a Conversation

Unsolved

BR

2 Posts

October 27th, 2019 12:00

S2719DGF, Nvidia RTX 2060, 144Hz, movement in games is blurry

I have read every post I can find about 144Hz and blur when in motion. I bought a Dell "AMD Radeon FreeSync" S2719DGF 7 months ago. It is supposed to be 144Hz. I've only been playing slow motion games but now with Borderlands 3 and Outer Worlds. I've noticed a huge problem. My game goes blurry if I move the camera. It's making the games almost unplayable. I have read everything I can trying to fix this issue. Any help is super appreciated.

Nvidia RTX 2060
S2719DGF connected by DP
Overclock is off
Motion Blur in game is off
Monitor Response is Normal (tried fast & faster just because)
V-sync On & Off
Change AF to every setting
Nvidia Control Panel says 144Hz

I've seen some posts mention an option on a monitor like "Tracefree". I have tried every option I can, nothing helps. In the Nvidia Control Panel, I tried switching to 60Hz and playing the game. It looks the same to me. Maybe slight improvement on 144Hz.

October 27th, 2019 18:00

Hi,

I have replied to you via private note. Do drop in a message so that we can continue troubleshooting.

2 Posts

October 27th, 2019 18:00

Replied in PM.

I did try the monitor with another computer and still noticed the same blurry effect. To test the other computer I had to use an HDMI 2.0 cable, where with my computer I used a DP cable. When using the HDMI cable, red pixels appeared sprinkled on the screen. Trying to use the HDMI cable on my computer resulted in the monitor not picking up the signal. I was able to get it working once and the red pixels were present. Switching my display settings to only display 60Hz allows me to use the HDMI cable without the red pixels. The problem seems to be only when 144Hz is selected. Which might be why I see no difference in games when I switch between 60Hz and 144Hz.

• 

25.1K Posts

October 27th, 2019 20:00

Your Dell S2719DGF monitor has a built-in diagnostic tool that helps to determine if the screen abnormality you are experiencing is a problem with the monitor or with the video card on your computer.

When you notice screen abnormalities like distortion, clarity, horizontal or vertical lines, color fade etc., it is always a good practice to isolate the monitor by running the Built-In Diagnostics.
1.Make sure that the screen is clean (no dust particles on the surface of the screen).
2.Unplug the video cable(s) from the back of the computer or the monitor. The monitor will now enter self-test mode.
3. Press and hold Button 3 for 5 seconds. A gray screen appears.
4.Carefully inspect the screen for abnormalities.
5. Press Button 3 on the front panel again. The color of the screen changes to red.
6.Inspect the display for any abnormalities.
7.Repeat step 5 and step 6 to inspect the display in green, blue, black, white and text screens.
8.The test is complete when the white screen appears. Press Button 3 to exit the Built-In Self Test diagnostics.

Let me know if you notice any abnormalities during Built-In Diagnostics. Also, it would be helpful if you could share a video.

Regards,
Arun

October 30th, 2019 13:00

Hi,

I will proceed to archive the case as we have not heard from you. 

For further assistance you can contact us with the reference number 1001179557. We will be glad to assist you.

-Mellisa.

No Events found!