Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

CW

July 22nd, 2018 21:00

S2719DM, Fast Response Time issue

I have an XPS 8930 with GTX 1070 Ti and a S2719DM monitor. Whenever I enable the Fast Response mode (5ms), there is major ghosting. This occurs in any software including the windows desktop. HDR is disabled, but doesn't seem to make a difference. I've also tried 59Hz, 60Hz, and 75Hz refresh rate and that doesn't make a difference either. It almost seems like one of the color ranges, red maybe, is not refreshing as fast at the rest and causing the lagging ghost image. It is very annoying with any moving image (movies, games, etc.). Normal mode (8ms) appears relatively normal though. Firmware M3T101, and I have power cycled the monitor and reset to factory defaults. Please let me know if this is normal behavior, further troubleshooting steps, or possibly a bad unit. Thanks

July 23rd, 2018 05:00

I found this article on the web that discussed the issue:

https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/dell-s2719dm/

The first column shows ‘Response Time’ set to ‘Normal’ on our AMD GPU. The UFO appears soft and unfocussed, just as in the reference image. This reflects a moderate level of perceived blur attributable to eye movement and linked to the 60Hz refresh rate. There is also a little bit of trailing behind the object, although nothing severe, caused by slightly slower than optimal pixel responsiveness. In the case of the dark background the trailing appears darker than either the object or background shade – this is overshoot (inverse ghosting) caused by strong pixel overdrive. The second column shows the ‘Fast’ setting on the same AMD GPU. This appears identical to the ‘Normal’ setting – it appears that, if connected to an AMD FreeSync GPU, the monitor will ignore this setting and use its default ‘Normal’ setting. That’s not really a bad thing – the final column shows the monitor connected to an Nvidia GPU where the ‘Fast’ setting works as intended. It’s an ugly mess of obvious overshoot.

S2719DM-blur-60Hz

Is this something that could be fixed at a future time with updates?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 23rd, 2018 06:00

We need to see video of this, "major ghosting".

Choose Color- Preset Modes Game and Movie, then test with Dynamic Contrast enabled and disabled. Any difference in the ghosting?

What is the non-private 20 digit S/N and A0x revision?

Have you installed the latest 1070 Ti driver from Nvidia, rebooted and retested?

July 23rd, 2018 08:00

I'm at work now, but I'll do the testing you've asked for when I get home tonight.

We need to see video of this, "major ghosting".

I'll do a recording of it tonight, but this picture is a good representation of what it looks like:

blur.jpg

Have you installed the latest 1070 Ti driver from Nvidia, rebooted and retested?

Yes

1 Message

November 24th, 2018 14:00

Did this issue ever get solved for you?  Just picked up the same monitor and have the same issue.

No Events found!