Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Message

December 10th, 2019 12:00

S2719DM, right angle 7.4mm barrel

I'm looking for a 7.4mm right angle barrel connector for the S2719DM slim monitor. We are putting these monitors in a very thin enclosure and the straight power connector that came with the monitor sticks out to far. Also the monitors will be in a mobile console that only has regulated DC power and not AC power. A reason we chose this monitor is because its power supply is not built into the monitor and is super thin/light.

Reaching out to Dell and they confirmed that this adapter would work.

Issue is we only need the barrel connector and cable pigtail (no power brick) and the Dell representative told me they would not be able to sell just the connector pigtail. Curious if anyone knows of a place to buy right angle 7.4mm barrel connectors. Checking places like Digikey and Mouser don't seem to sell anything larger than 5mm for barrel connectors. Seems like such a waste to buy a $70 power brick, just to cut off a $2 connector.

A right angle dongle would also work as we could just cut the cable and solder on longer wires, but it seems that Dell only supplies dongles with straight connectors.

Something like this would be ideal but I cant find it with 7.4mm connectors:

ezgif-3-3ef755fcb075.jpg

Or even better something like this but with a right angle connector

61s1wquLAML._SL1500_.jpg

Has anyone purchased anything like this? I know what I'm looking for must exist, but its just finding it over all the other stuff that comes up first.

1 Rookie

• 

6 Posts

September 25th, 2021 15:00

It's probably too late for you, but I've been on a mission to find a similar connector for my Dell computer, to relieve the tension on the power input cable.

I got this

joel1952_0-1632608837900.png

But it didn't work on my computer. Apparently the Dell made unit has a longer barrel, which pushes a switch inside the computer case. I would try to grind off some of the plastic sleeve to expose more of the barrel, so it will insert into the computer another 1 to 1.5 mm deeper

No Events found!