Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 26th, 2020 08:00

S2721DGF, bought two and I have one complaint

There's no sleep mode. I really relied on that.

I often shut off my monitors and watch something on the tv that's also attached to my PC. The major issue is that if I decide to turn a monitor on, every window on my entire PC jumps to that monitor. This is happening because when I hit power the monitor isn't going to sleep like most monitors in my experience do, it's actually shutting down and disconnecting. This is simply unacceptable. It makes the act of quickly turning on a monitor to check google or something simply impossible.

I tried Dell's software for a feature called PowerNap. That has two glaring flaws:
1) The little power LED breathes. Why. Just don't. Stop glowing, I get it you have LEDs and I'm a gamer.
2) It only works when your entire pc is set to use a screensaver. Rendering it completely worthless for our use case.

Is there a way to fix this on my end? Will Dell fix it in an update or am I returning these?

425 Posts

September 26th, 2020 11:00

If I understood you correctly, you want to put a specific monitor to sleep? If so, you can do this with Dell Display Manager and a standard Windows shortcut.

The shortcut "target" command line should point to DDM with the following parameters: "ddm.exe /n:SetPower Sleep", where n is the DDM monitor number.

If you have 2 Dell monitors plus a TV connected to your PC" "ddm.exe /1:SetPower Sleep /2:SetPower Sleep".

To turn back on, change "sleep" to "on", e.g., "ddm.exe /1:SetPower On"

Once you settle on the commands, you would have 2 shortcuts that you can link to hotkeys under Shortcut properties.

• 

25.1K Posts

September 26th, 2020 08:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

5 Posts

September 26th, 2020 17:00

This is an alright solution. I can work with this. I do think the button should just do this, this is a lot more complex than I'm used to for such a simple function but it works. I set up shortcuts for every possible configuration too.

Still think this whole system needs an update but at least this isn't something I have to compromise on.

Thanks to @swamped207 a true champion of the people.

Now if I only I could shut off that stupid breathing light.

No Events found!