Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

2 Posts

January 9th, 2021 03:00

S2721DS, GeForce RTX 3070, how to enable AMD FreeSync?

Hello,

I am actually using Dell monitor S2721DS and I want to use AMD FreeSync with my Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070.

The S2721DS is compatible with G-Sync, but I do not find the option to activate FreeSync in the OSD menu.

I activated G-Sync in the Nvidia settings of my GPU but it seems it does not work. This is why I suppose AMD FreeSync is not activated on my monitor by default.

I have read the user manual and the only stuff it says about FreeSync is "this monitor is compatible with AMD FreeSync". It does not speak about FreeSync in the OSD part of the manual.

I search on Dell community website, and I saw that some Dell monitors have a "gaming" tab in their OSD menu and that this is where FreeSync should be activated. But in the OSD menu of my S2721DS, I do not have this "gaming" tab while I have the latest version of the drivers.

How can I do? Thanks!

• 

25.1K Posts

January 9th, 2021 21:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

The S2721DS is compatible with G-Sync

Where do you see this? The S2721DS only supports AMD FreeSync. This is shown on the S2721DS sales page in three places and in the online S2721DS User's Guide twice. There is no mention of Nvidia G-Sync compatibility. The S2721DS is also not listed here = Dell AMD FreeSync Monitors that are Nvidia G-Sync Compatible

No Events found!