Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 26th, 2022 11:00

S2722DC, USB-C/Alt Mode to Thunderbolt Desktop power delivery

Hi I have S2722DC and I have been using USB-C connection + power delivery to keep my laptop charging and as an additional display to my laptop. 

Now I have a desktop computer with Thunderbolt 4 ( Asus Z690 "ProArt" to be precise) and I would like to connect S2722DC over USB-C (Want to use HDMI for another monitor). Now my questions are = 

• I did not try because I don't understand clearly how power delivery will work and will it damage the motherboard?
  • Do I need to change any settings? I could not find a way to disable power delivery. Or only way is to USB-C from Motherboard  to DP of  Monitor?
  • If I get another S2722DC, can I daisy chain them? Specs don't say that but looking at USB-C and Alt mode, I think that should work over down stream USB may be ?

Thank You

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 26th, 2022 12:00

The S2722DC USB-C power delivery of 65W is always on. None of the Dell documentation mentions the usage of its USB-C to a Desktop PC. So that is an unknown. A video daisy chain is not possible. This thread discusses non-video USB data daisy chain.

No Events found!