Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

3 Posts

May 11th, 2022 21:00

S2722QC, flickers intermittently, Zoom sets it off

Hi, 

Sometimes, when Zoom is launched or when someone shares their screen on zoom, my S2722QC flickers, white/grey colours most affected. It doesn't happen when I share my screen. 

Even when I quit the Zoom app, the flickering will stay, sometimes for a few days before it eventually dies down and completely stops. The flicker will even occur if I disconnect my laptop (so that there are no inputs into the S2722QC).

The problem doesn't happen often but when it does it drive me nuts as it's really uncomfortable for the eyes. 

I've tried replacing my monitor under warranty and I still have the same issue. The S2722QC is connected to a MacBook Air (M1, 2020). I've also tried:
Turning the monitor on and off
Using a different cable
Using a different laptop
Changing the setting on my Mac (colour profile, True Tone, Resolution, Refresh Rate = 60Htz)

Please help, thanks!

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 12th, 2022 06:00

None of the S series monitors were tested/validated by Dell in macOS. 

See the Pinned post, "Dell monitor, Apple FAQ".

See the S2722QC Drivers & Downloads page supported Operating system.

Just verifying that you did this =
* Open macOS- Displays- Displays Preferences- Display Settings

* Refresh Rate cannot be Variable or ProMotion
* The check must be on 60Hz

Read through the S2722QC threads on the Apple Forum. Consider starting another thread out there.

3 Posts

May 12th, 2022 13:00

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I’ve made sure that the refresh rate is set to 60Hrtz and not variable. I think mac have fixed this because it comes set that way by default now. 

When I bought the monitor it did not say that it was only suitable for Windows. None of the drivers are for Mac. Considering how popular Mac is I find it strange that this is not mentioned. Especially as the new Macs use USBc and this is one of the few monitors with USBc connection. From what I’ve read, a lot of people have purchased this monitor for that very reason (including me). I hope there’s a solution for this. 

I will post something on the Apple forum as suggested. 

Thanks. D

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 13th, 2022 03:00

As an FYI to all macOS users, the following Dell monitors have full Dell macOS support =

C2422HE, C2423H, C2722DE, C2723H, C3422WE
U2421E, U2422H, U2422HE, U2422HX, U2520D, U2520DR, U2720Q, U2720QM, U2722D, U2722DE, U2722DX, U2723QE, U2723QX, U3023E, U3219Q, U3223QE, U3421WE, U3821DW, U4021QW, U4320Q
UP2720Q, UP3221Q

3 Posts

May 13th, 2022 15:00

To be honest I don’t think I’ll purchase from Dell again. I’ve had nothing but issues:

• First thing I did was call to check that the monitor was compatible before I bought it. They ensured me it was. 

• When the first flickering fault happened I called technical and they said nothing about the screen not being compatible with Mac. So they sent me a replacement under warranty (why waste my time if they knew it isn’t compatible?). 

• When the flickering happened again on the replacement I called technical again and they said that they know about the issue but I would have to buy an external docking station with my money to solve the issue. Cheapest ones from Dell were $200! How could I trust that this would work after the lack of transparency so far? Of course, I insisted on a full refund. 

It’s a real shame how Dell have let me down and wasted my time. Even if you look on the sales page for this monitor now it says nothing about it being not compatible with Mac.

No Events found!