Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 16th, 2017 17:00

S2817Q, flashing colors and color bars

I purchased this monitor straight from Dell online last summer. Model: Dell 28 Ultra HD 4K Monitor - S2817Q. I spent nearly $600, so I'm hoping someone, anyone can help me save this monitor.

It's been flickering on occasion lately, I work about 10 hours a day using it. However, suddenly it went dark and I couldn't get it to 'wake up'. So I pushed the on/off switch and suddenly it started changing colors and doing this cycle of white / black / rainbow color bars / etc. over and over. I can't get it to stop.

I took it off my computer and tried it on a different computer and it's still doing the cycle of flashing colors.  Any suggestions? Obviously I can't run any type of diagnostic from Dell since I can't see my screen. I'm using a tiny monitor currently to write this. Advice? 

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 18th, 2017 08:00

OK. Checking into if it is possible to get into the Factory Service Menu.

Update...

You need to get this S2817Q exchanged. Once they setup the exchange, the representative will provide to you the exchange number. Via private message (click my username), send me the exchange number so that we can capture this S2817Q to our lab.

2 Posts

Hi Chris, thank you for your response.  

SN: CN-OYGX86-74445-65E-410M-A01

I've followed your instructions. Completely removed all connections from Monitor, unplugged from power source, held the power button for 15 sections then reconnected power source.  The minute it's turned on I get the color cycling (white / gray / black / white / rainbow bars) over and over.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

Checking into this. Sounds like the internal Factory Service Menu Burn-in mode was somehow turned on? For my notes, what is the 20 digit serial number and A0x revision number? (NOT the private service tag number)

Try this for now and post the results =
* Turn the S2817Q off
* Disconnect every cable from the S2817Q (including the power cable)
* Press and hold the S2817Q power button for 15 seconds
* Reconnect ONLY the S2817Q power cable to the S2817Q
* Turn the S2817Q on. What appears on screen?

No Events found!