Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 15th, 2017 12:00

SE2717H, No HDMI signal when Maya 3D started

Hello,

I've bought SE2717H Dell Monitor (27") two days ago. When I turn on the computer it works fine, but while using a 3d program (Maya), it suddenly shuts off (No HDMI signal). I have to restart the PC to get it working. Any Idea??

Note: I'm not using the original HDMI cable, I've bought one as I didn't find any HDMI cable as stated in the monitor's guide.

My PC's specs:

- RYZEN Threadripper 1950X (40MB Cache, 32x Cores, 4.0GHz Turbo)

- MSI GeForce GTX 1060 OVERCLOCKED Ed. 6GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

- MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC DDR4 RYZEN Threadripper MB 

- [ DDR4 ] 32GB 2400MHz Quad Channel High-Performance RAM 

Any help would be appreciated.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

October 16th, 2017 09:00

This doesn't sound like a monitor malfunction to me. Does the issue happen when running ANY other software? Have you posted on the Maya Forums asking if other Maya users have this issue?

3 Posts

October 17th, 2017 13:00

Thanks DELL-Chris M for responding.

I posted the issue on Maya forums and they said it has nothing to do with the software. Anyway, it turned out that I have to change the active input to HDMI instead of VGA from the monitor settings.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

October 17th, 2017 15:00

"it turned out that I have to change the active input to HDMI instead of VGA from the monitor settings"

Do you mean in the Monitor OSD (On Screen Display) -Input Source? Even though you were connected via HDMI, VGA was checked?

3 Posts

October 18th, 2017 10:00

From the display manager (software) not from the screen. The active input was VGA, and I changed it to HDMI. I'm not sure what caused this exactly but it worked, and the display never went black since then. Maybe the input source was automatically changing between HDMI and VGA as it wasn't specified from the first time!

No Events found!