Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 29th, 2015 01:00

SP2309W monitor stand won't bend, no visible latch

I have been using my 2 Dell monitors attached to a monitor arm, and want to go back to using them with the stands they came with. I had been storing the stands by compressing them to as flat as they would go. Now when I try to open them up, the edge that hooks onto the back of the monitor won't stand vertically.

I tried looking for a latch on the entire body, since I found out Dell does this sometimes with some stands, but found none. I'm at a loss here. Anyone run into anything similar?

Here's what it's supposed to look like:

http://www.dell.com/content/products/superview.aspx?c=us&cs=22&l=en&pageoverride=media_view1&s=dfh&xdb=Z2xvYmFsOnByb2R1Y3RzOm1vbml0b3JzOnN1cGVydmlldzptb25pdG9yLWRlbGwtc3AyMzA5d2ZwI3JlZ2lvbg==

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 29th, 2015 08:00

The link is bad? There is no latch. The stand should unfold. The hinge on the square bracket is difficult to move unless it is attached to the rear of the panel.

December 30th, 2015 00:00

Thank you for the reply, Chris. I tried forcing the part of the stand that was being stubborn and it moved into position. I was afraid of breaking something, but you were right, there is no latch. Thanks for the help!

No Events found!