Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 4th, 2017 08:00

ST2220L Issues in both Windows Home 10 1703 and 1709

For the past week I have been having a couple issues with the monitor.

1) Will no longer wake up from sleep.  Like previous posts concerning different models, I have to power off/power on the PC.  Instead of this "less than elegant solution" I set Windows to never put the PC to sleep, and press the power button on the monitor to turn it off.

2) I use a CAD program called Sketchup., and it is no longer responsive to certain tasks.  In searching their forums, I have discovered that other users were having the same problems using Dell monitors, and some have determined that there is a problem with the driver.  I didn't feel comfortable with their resolutions, so I haven't implemented their "fixes".

I was experiencing these problems in both Windows Home 10 1703 and Windows Home 10 1709 (updated today).

Here are some further details:

PC: Dell Inspiron 3650 i5-5400 (2.71 GHz) processor; 8 Gb Ram; 64-bit OS

Monitor Connection: VGA.

I'm hoping that someone would be able to shed some light as to remedies to these problems.  Thank you in advance.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

November 4th, 2017 11:00

The 2010 ST2220L was never tested/validated by Dell to run in Windows 10. This means that we never created a Windows 10 specific driver for the ST2220L. So Windows 10 is installing a "generic" monitor driver. Which could be the genesis of all these issues. Since both the ST2220L and the Inspiron 3650 have HDMI, it might be worth testing =
Inspiron 3650 onboard HDMI out port --> HDMI to HDMI cable --> ST2220L HDMI in port

2 Posts

November 4th, 2017 12:00

Chris--

Thank you for the quick reply.  I'll try your suggestion...but...I'm still at a loss as to why I've been running Windows 10 since I've had the PC,  and had no issues with the monitor up until last week.

Again...thanks for your help.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

November 5th, 2017 12:00

Not sure. My guess is that Windows 10 updates had to have installed a different driver to cause the issue.

No Events found!