Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

May 12th, 2014 19:00

ST2220LB display a jumbled mess

This is what my monitor is displaying right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWyt-JVDOiE

For the last few weeks whenever I woke the computer up from sleep or turned the monitor on, it would do this for a few minutes and then eventually calm down and become usable again. This time it happened when I was in the middle of doing something, and the monitor isn't working at all now. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, didn't help. I also tried connecting it to my laptop and that made no difference, suggesting that the problem isn't with the computer or video card. The number on the bottom of the monitor (I assume this is the serial number?) is FFQ-000002A37G0178011-129301057-A. Using the original Dell-supplied cable. Is this fixable or is the monitor dead? Thing's not even a year and a half old. Also I was able to use the cable to hook my laptop up to my TV without problems so the problem isn't the cable

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 13th, 2014 07:00

* Disconnect every cable from the bottom and/or side of the monitor (including the power cord)
* Press and hold in the monitor power button for 8 seconds
* Reconnect the power cord to the wall outlet, then to the bottom of the monitor
* Power on the monitor. What do you see?

By the way, the serial number should be a 20 digit alpha-numeric number. Like this =
CN-0P7D0G-74261-352-0MRL

2 Posts

May 13th, 2014 08:00

This is what it looks like now, it's better than last night but still not doing great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxXCdexsBmc

Found the serial number, it's CN-0G25N6-64180-28V-0VCL (I'm not sure whether the 0s are supposed to be 0s or Os)

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 13th, 2014 11:00

It appears to be defective. Manufactured on August 31, 2012.
* Go back to the top of this Monitor Forum
* Open "FAQ Monitor"
* Open "No Dell Service Tag number on 24" and smaller? No registration? Exchange Instructions?"

No Events found!