Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 5th, 2013 13:00

ST2220T Touch Functionality in Windows 8

Hey guys,

I have a Dell ST2220T monitor plugged into my samsung 5 series i7 3630qm laptop with windows 8 as an extended monitor through hdmi. I want to get the multi touch function but the touch function is not working at all. I have installed "dell_st2220t-touch-monitor_a00-00_driver" and plugged in my upstream usb to the laptop, but when i checked with tablet PC setting through control panel, I see it said only "limited touch support" when i selected st2220t monitor. It did however recognized in device manager there are:
2x "HID-compliant consumer control device"
4x "HID-compliant device"

and in Devices and Printers there are:
HID Keyboard Device
HID-compliant mouse
LGD-MultiTouch
Dell ST2220T
Dell ST2220T (Intel(R) Display Audio)

Please help. Thanks.

PS- I also tried setting the monitor as main monitor and also duplicate and yet still no luck.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 5th, 2013 15:00

Jack0Lantern,

The ST2220T Touch is not supported for Windows 8.

The User's Guide Touch Screen Specifications states, "Win7 multi-touch" and "Windows 7 compliant".

The User's Guide Touch Screen OS compatibility states,
Single Touch = Windows Vista, Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Ultimate, Professional, Enterprise
Multi-Touch (two points) = Windows 7 Home Premium, Ultimate, Professional, Enterprise

Windows 8 is supported by the Driver but that is not a Touch driver. What we offer for Windows 8 is the following:
ST2220T.cat
ST2220T.icm
ST2220T.inf

No Events found!