Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 15th, 2012 09:00

ST2220T Touch is not working in Windows 7

I have connected the USB upstream cable. I have done all sorts of driver updates but nothing seems to work. Windows automatically installs LGD Multi-touch but touch is not at all working. Please provide me with the help. I am unable to calibrate (cross hair is not detectable by touch).

July 29th, 2012 06:00

now my touch works fine.but without calibration ..but if i calibrate it's  not working ................this text is written thru touch.thank you very  much  for your help

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 15th, 2012 11:00

saravanan1480

For Windows 7, we only offer the ST2220T driver (INF, CAT). We do not offer Touch software. That is inate in Windows 7:
Capabilities = Touch functionality supports Windows 7 multi-touch gestures

The User's Guide explains that for the Touch to function, you must connect the monitor USB upstream cable from the monitor to a USB port on the rear of the computer. Do not connect the USB upstream cable to a keyboard or other peripheral. Then use the standard Windows7 calibration = Windows Control Panel -Hardware & Sound -Tablet PC -Calibrate.

2 Posts

July 15th, 2012 16:00

So this same thing just happened to me today. Dell ST220T--touch-screen function not working. Is July 15th International ST220T Fail Day?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 17th, 2012 09:00

To what USB port is the monitor connected to on the computer? What happens when you do Windows Control Panel -Hardware & Sound -Tablet PC -Calibrate?

Hi Chris,

I made the TOUCH SETTINGS also more RELAXED THAN PRECISE,But no touch is performing.Is there anything to do with my processor,It is Inspiron 620s Desktop.But I bought this monitor for huge bugs only to perform touch.But touch seems either not to work perfectly or not at all.Now I require touch to work some what.I will bring out tech specs of my system if required.....Please Help..........

USB Port is connected to rear  of the computer only.

Hi,

Touch is not at all working.Previously it did work for something,now for nothing.I have got the drivers 425GD FOLDER IN WHICH ST2220T DRIVERS ARE THERE.For which I need to update driver either monitor DELL  ST2220T  or LGD MULTITOUCH.I have tried both but nothing seems to work.Please HELP....

LGD MULTITOUCH  is connected to Port_#0006.Hub_#0004.It shows a mouse ICON

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 17th, 2012 15:00

* Open the Windows Control Panel -Hardware & Sound -Tablet PC
* Click the Reset button
* Then, recalibrate clean

July 18th, 2012 09:00

Hi Chris,

Reset Button is not Active.And When I try to Calibrate,I am unable to do so.Crosshair is nit detected at all

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 19th, 2012 07:00

Then the USB cable is not connected correctly or the cable itself is bad. Disconnect it from the computer and try a different USB port on the computer.

July 27th, 2012 01:00

Cable is good I think so.USB port too is good.I have checked with other peripherals.I have Mcafee Antivirus Installed.Is there anything to do with touch?.My touch is not working.Please help in this regard....

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 27th, 2012 06:00

If the Reset button in the Control Panel -Hardware & Sound -Tablet PC is greyed out, that means that the USB caling is not talking to the computer.

2 Posts

July 30th, 2012 05:00

The problem I'm having with this monitor is: Touch works fine when first used. When computer next turned on monitor has to be plugged into a different USB port otherwise no touch facilities. It can be unplugged and then straight away be plugged into the same port and it will work. It means resorting to a mouse as not all users will have access to the back of the computer to make the change. All drivers up to date. Windows 7 Pro. No problems with any other USB peripheral.

No Events found!