Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

December 12th, 2009 14:00

ST2310 and VESA Mounts

Can the ST2310 take a VESA mount and if so, how?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 13th, 2009 12:00

The User Manual states, "Weight without stand assembly (for wall mount or VESA mount considerations - no cables)". But, the ST and SX monitors do not support wall mounting since you would have to remove the back cover which is not covered by the warranty.

5 Posts

December 13th, 2009 19:00

Hello,

When I ordered the ST2410 monitor I was told that the NeoFlex (DELL #A0665176) is compatible.

I didn't purchase the stand yet, I figured I would wait and see how I liked the height of the monitor.

I really like the monitor ,but I would like to ge the monitor lower (wear bifocals and monitor as low as possible is best)

How would I connect this adjustable stand? Is it as you say and the only way is to remove the back cover and void the warranty?

Is so, then why does the manual even talk about wall mount an VESA mount considerations.

I would appreciate any info on this.

Thanks

Tony_g

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 14th, 2009 06:00

When I ordered the ST2410 monitor I was told that the NeoFlex (DELL #A0665176) is compatible.
* I do not see how you can expose the 4 vesa screw holes without removing the back cover.

If so, then why does the manual even talk about wall mount an VESA mount considerations?
* I have asked them that very question.

5 Posts

December 24th, 2009 06:00

Chris,

So is this the final answer, that there is no Dell supported height adjustable stand for this monitor.

Does anyone know of a product which does work without having to remove the whole back.

The white circular disk easily pops off and there are 4 square notches there which seem that they should

be compatible with some sort of mounting plate (although maybe not VESA) without having to remove the whole back.

Thanks,

Tony

1 Message

February 23rd, 2010 10:00

I just received this monitor:  ST2310 along with a new PC from Dell.  While the monitor is lovely, I was also very disappointed to discover the issue discussed in this thread.  I purchased a special dual-monitor mounting mechanism (a couple of weeks before) expecting to be able to mount this new monitor in portrait mode, along with a budget ACER monitor I already had.  The Acer monitor has VESA mount holes and fits on the mount perfectly.  The Dell, obviously, does not.

This is ultimate silliness in my book.  Who made the decision to make this monitor so inflexible, and do they still work at Dell?

Has anyone ventured far enough to, warranty-be-, take the white plastic back off of the monitor?  It doesn't look to come off easily, even with the 5 obvious screws removed.  I stopped there, not wanting to break anything.  Are the necessary holes underneath this white, wasteful piece of plastic?  I'd hate to get it off only to discover the holes aren't there anyway.

Option #2 is to buy a DIFFERENT monitor that actually supports industry standard mounting.  And to make sure I never buy another Dell system sight-unseen again.

Nick

2 Posts

August 9th, 2010 22:00

I pulled the back off of my (2) 2410's  There is no VESA mount under the white plastic.  I used small self tapping screws and put screws through the metal in 3 positions.  I was hesitant to put a screw in over the board, but there is plenty of room for the other 3.  

My suggestion is buy something VESA compliant.  If you already have these pulling the ack off is easy.  Remove the 3 screws holding the stand and then start at the top/side and pry off the white plastic.  

11 Posts

September 15th, 2010 04:00

There is an adapter that can Turn the Dell ST2410 series monitor into a vesa mount it's on EBAY. Item number:

200519763403. You can look at the pics.

11 Posts

September 15th, 2010 04:00

The first reply did not work not sure why?

It should read There is a VESA mount ADAPTER for sell on ebay Item number 20019763403. There are  pics.

11 Posts

September 16th, 2010 05:00

It should read There is a VESA mount ADAPTER for sell on ebay Item number 20019763403. There are  pics

11 Posts

October 16th, 2010 13:00

There is a VESA mount ADAPTER for sell on ebay Item number 20019763403. There are  pics.

11 Posts

February 27th, 2011 10:00

New item number is

Item number: 200546458590

4 Posts

June 22nd, 2011 07:00

Would this part be compatible?

accessories.us.dell.com/.../productdetail.aspx

4 Posts

While this part is sold out on dell (no longer available) someone is selling their version of it here: www.ecrater.com/.../dell-vesa-compatible-adapter-plate

I really need to know if this would work.

4 Posts

I have the st2310b btw

4 Posts

June 22nd, 2011 08:00

From examining it.. I don't think that item i linked will work, I will just go with the item being sold on ebay. I wish I didnt have to shell out another $50 to mount these dual monitors after already buying a mounting system. Dell you suck!

No Events found!