Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 6th, 2011 10:00

ST2420L Problem With Belkin DVI Flip KVM

I have a Belkin DVI Flip that has been working successfully for several months with my Dell 20" LCD monitor. I recently bought a Dell 2024L WS monitor. Now the new monitor works fine when switched to a Vista 32 bit PC, but after switching to a 64-bit Win 7 PC, it either has interference lines, or will cycle on and off periodically. It might work for several minutes before this happens, or it may do it immediately. The only way to fix the display is to flip back to the Vista PC and then flip back to the Win 7 PC.

At times, it appears that changing the screen, like going to a new window/program triggers the problem, but this is not always true.

I have a Nvidia GS9500 video card and its latest 260.66 driver installed on the Win 7 PC. I think that's the number.

Is anyone using the DVI Flip? It does not seem to be a current product of Belkin - I cannot find it listed on their website.

I have been working with Belkin tech reps, but that has been no help. Their suggestings so far have been dealing with the cables.

The monitor is rock solid on the Vista PC, which by the way is a Dell.

Since I just bought the ST2420L, my first prority is to be certain the problem is not with my monitor. Remember, I had not such problem with my 20" Dell monitor with the same Flip & PCs for almost a year. Coud this problem be with the Monitor?

I'm considering trying an analog Flip. Would that possibly work better? It bothers me that Belkin is not showing the DVI model anymore. I wonder why?

Also, I just downloaded, but have not installed the Dell driver, which appears to be more general and the initial release.

Is it possible that this driver would be a better fit? I don't want to install if it is unlikely to fix the problem or worse yet make the Win 7 PC unusable.

Has anyone else experienced this type of problem or have any suggestions/answers to the above questions?

TIA

Don S.

TIA

I may have posted a similar question a few weeks ago, but I do not think it had the same detail.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 7th, 2011 11:00

I would remove the Flip from the troubleshooting. Connect the monitor directly to the PC running Win7 64. If you do not have the issue, that shows us that the Flip is the culprit. If you do have the issue, then the culprit is either the monitor driver or the monitor itself.

2 Posts

February 8th, 2011 07:00

Thank you for the reply. Early on, I did just that. At the time, the monitor worked absolutely fine. However, I only had it connected for a couple of minutes in that configuration. Now, having struggled with this problem for about three weeks or so, I know more about the symptoms. I should redo that test and work with the directly connected monitor for an extended period.

I am still struggling with the fact that this same switch worked flawlessly for 10 months, with the same two PCs and my 20" monitor. There was no problem until I connected the new monitor.  

Would a analog KVM possible work? Is it less sensitive to monitor differences, or whatever?

Thanks again.

No Events found!