April 18th, 2012 10:00

ST2420L, black bars, HDMI

1 inch margins on display.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

April 19th, 2012 20:00

* Open the ATI Catalyst Control Center
* Under DTV (HDMI) 3 Scaling Options or at the bottom left hand corner there is a smaller monitor where you open the configure option
* Select 0% Overscan
* Click Apply

* Open the Nvidia Control Panel
* Click Adjust desktop size and position
* Click Use NVIDIA scaling
* Click Apply

January 12th, 2013 08:00

Thanks to vargastominaga, I was able to fix the problem. The driver that works is at 0J5R2. Download it and unzip to default location. It will run automatically. After installing, right click on either of your desktops and CCC now shows up (8.911.0.0). Open the CCC - My Digital Flat Panels>Scaling Options and select the problem monitor (the one connected with HDMI) move slider to 0% overscan.

2 Posts

May 7th, 2012 18:00

I had the same problem on my brand new DELL ST2420L monitor. I have AMD FX-4100 processor, 16 GB G. Skills RipjawsZ (1600 MHz) Quad Channel RAM, MSI AMD Radeon HD 6850 Cyclone GPU with 1 Gb GDDR5 RAM. The motherboard is Biostar TA990FXE. OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits. Everything was fine, except the screen was not displaying full. I tried reinstalling the motherboard drivers for on borad chipsets, Video card, after formating and reinstalling the Windows, updating the ATI Catalyst to 12.4 from 11.12...Nothing worked. In fact, the monitor went blank while I was shuffling the input cables and menu selections on the monitor between VGA/ DVI-D/ HDMI. But the clue of scaling worked. 

There is a slight difference

1. Start
2. AMD Vision Engine Control Center
3. My Digital Flat Panels (5th on the left panel)
sub menu pulls down. Then, Open the first item in the sub-menu 'Properties (Digital Flat Panel)', move the slder (15%-0) to the right to 0. The overscan was set at ~7% or in the middle. Don't know how and why? I moved slider to right to 0 and it worked. The screen started expanding in real time.  

THANK YOU

dr. Murli

January 9th, 2013 20:00

Started with an XPS 8500 running Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 8. This killed AMD ATI Catalyst Control Center and the W8 Upgrade Asst said I need to reinstall it. Tried reinstalling but had no success. Added a second monitor using a DVI cable to one and HDMI to the other from the same stock graphics card (AMD Radeon HD 7570). Both monitors are Dell ST2420L. So the HDMI connected screen has a 1" black band around the display image. Tried following guidelines from Nighshade (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dHQm3ezSq0), tried reinstalling both the driver (12-10_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql) and the ATI Catalyst Control Center ( AMD_Catalyst_12.11_CAP2) and nothing works. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

1 Message

January 14th, 2014 10:00

Recently I can not  open the ATI Catalyst Control Center. My dell 24" monitor has a black border.  Do I have to reinstall Windows 7? I tried the last known boot ( F8 ) and I don't setup  restore point. I tried to remove and reinstall drive but still problem. My Dell is XPS 8300.

Any suggestion? Thanks.

<ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

2 Posts

January 14th, 2014 21:00

I use HDMI cable to my DELL ST2420L display.

You need not reinstall Windows 7 as AMD Catalyst Control Center is a from AMD. First do a uninstall/ reinstall with the latest.

XPS 8300 desktop has got AMD Radeon HD 6450 graphics processor.

Mine is ATI Radeon HD 6850 (see my earlier reply for configuration, 7th May 2012).

In my experience, most of the Original Equipment Manufacturers focus on new gadgets and drivers and we need to find about upgrading older rigs with our own resources. I have been using Dell, Acer and HP laptops and I have assembled many desktops for work, family and home maintain as a hobby, mostly with AMD processors, of late. I had upgraded Dell 1525 from Vista to Windows 7 64 bit and struggled with Dell Monitor also.

First of all download the latest version of the Catalyst Driver. Before reinstalling, Uninstall completely, by checking 'Delete the driver software for this device'. Use Control Panel> Programs > Uninstall a program option, if it is listed. Mine is not listed as on date.

Download
Check through the control panel > System and Security > System > Device Manager> Display Adaptors
If the driver is not working then you see a yellow triangle with exclamation mark in it. Even it is not there then continue
Display adaptors > right click > Driver > Check the driver version. The latest one is 13.251.0.0 dated 06-Dec-2013.

Go to http://support.amd.com/en-us/download?src=CCC-CheckForDriverUpdates

Fill in the details

Step 1: Select the type of system that you have:
Select Desktop Grphics from pull down menu

Step 2: Select the product family your product belongs to:
Select 'Radeon HD series' from pull down menu

Step 3: Select your product:
Select 'Radeon HD 6xxx Series PCIe'

Step 4: Select the supported operating system that you have:
Select 'Windows 7 - 32/ 64 bit (select correctly) 

Step 5: Display results
The latest is 13-12_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql.exe dated 18-Dec-2013

Download and install by selecting express install.

Once the AMD Catalyst Control Center is up and working Go to 'My Digital Flat Panels'> Scaling Options (Digital Flat-Panel) and push the slider to 0% 'Overscan'. It must have been some 8% or so, if you have a less than full screen display.

Monitor Drivers
Check the driver for monitor. If it is 'Generic PnP Monitor' with Microsoft's age old generic driver (2006), then download DELL_ST2420L-MONITOR_A00-00_R299077.exe dated 03/01/2013 from http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails?driverId=VCFD2. You need to manually unzip and install the drivers by choosing the unzipped location. Device Manager> Monitors> Generic PnP Monitor> Right click 'Properies'> Driver> Update Driver> Browse my computer for driver Software> Browse to, for example, C:\Dell\Drivers\R299077 or equivalent> Check Include subfolders> Next> Close. The current version is 1.0.0.0 dated 15-Apr-2011.

Run Dell Diagnostics, Check Dell Support and Driver Downloads using your Service Tag. Always update Windows. Updating BIOS also is very useful for better performance. 

Hope this is helpful. All the very best. 

Dr. Murli

1 Message

May 10th, 2015 08:00

Thanks Dell Chris the AMD suggestion solved my problem!.

No Events found!