Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

February 20th, 2010 15:00

SX2210T Monitor problems

I got my SX2210T monitor today and I am not happy at all.  I was all excited to use multi touch on my pc, but the Dell drivers and programs are only available to be used on Dell systems only, not my personally built computer.  I would hate to return this and go with a different monitor.  If any one has any information that i could use, I would be greatly appreciative.

I was able to get the Touch Screen Tools installed, but it will not detect my monitor, and yes I do have the USB plugged in.

I am running Windows 7 64 Ultimate.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 20th, 2010 15:00

Does SX2210T show up under Monitors in the Device Manager? If not, you must install the driver. Is the monitor USB uplink cable connected to a USB port on the rear of the PC?

February 20th, 2010 16:00

It does show up.  I had to manually install the driver.  I restarted several times and even disconnected my other monitor.  my computer will not even recognize the webcam.

and yes the USB is plugged into the rear of the PC.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 20th, 2010 16:00

* Install the ManyCam software, but, during the installation, remove the checks for the Free Ask Toolbar and Weatherbug
* Once installed, open the ManyCam application, click the Sources tab, click Cameras. Does the monitor show there?

February 20th, 2010 17:00

No it doesn't show up.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 20th, 2010 21:00

This monitor has to be the primarry in a dual monitor setup. Is it? Have you tried all of the PC USB ports?

February 20th, 2010 23:00

I took all other monitors off and did a fresh install of Windows 7 untimate.  I have tried all the USB ports as well, but when i plug it in Windows is detecting it as the Nostromo SpeedPad 2.

I am an idiot I plugged in the wrong USB cord this whole time....AHHHHH:emotion-12::emotion-9:  Such a N00b move I did.  That is embarrasing.

Well it detected it, but not installing the drivers for the touchscreen portion.

Update:  Everything is working just fine now.  Good job me for plugging in the wrong cable.  Thanks for all the help.

1 Message

March 4th, 2010 14:00

hi,

same kind of problem here on windows 7 enterprise 64 bit

i've checked it's the right usb cable :)  tested on all ports

when i plug/unplug the device manager shows a :

Touchscreen (unknown device)

the webcam works fine

so i try first to install dell drivers:

Install

1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled DELL_SX2210T-TOUCH-MONITOR_A00-00_R228572.EXE.
2.The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or
unzip to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R228572. Write down this path so the executable (I.e.
Setup.exe) file can be found later.
3.The Self-Extractor window appears.
4.Click OK.
5.After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor
window is still open, close it.
6.Click the Start button and then click Run.
7.Type C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R228572 in the Open textbox and then click OK.
8.Follow the on-screen installation instructions.

it sounds weird since there's no instruction in the extracted folder but only this:

• sx2210t.cat
  • sx2210t.icm
  • sx2210t.inf

so i try manually : update driver ...etc....no luck

i tried the nextwindow drivers : http://www.nextwindow.com/nextwindow_support/windriver.html

installed, reboot the device is not recognized.....

evrything is ok on xp 32 (drivers :HID, mouse etc...)

please is there something wrong with win7 x64 ?

thanks for your help

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 5th, 2010 05:00

R228572 is just the driver. You also need to load the SX2210T Touch software.

1 Message

December 25th, 2013 07:00

I tried your link, Invalid download. I tried searching the driver you listed. Website shows that it is an incorrect directory and I copied it from your post. I am having the same problem. I bought mine from another retailer and I have read your post about that (after getting this monitor). The problem is not the other retailer considering they had it still packaged in your packaging and DELL copyright tape, UNTAMPERED. Dell decided to NOT ship the installation CD or proper USB plug in. Luckily I am very computer oriented and I had the cable. Now to the issue, my computer with not recognize the touchscreen part. ALL of the drivers and applications that I was directed to DID NOT help. If I have to go through this with all of the Dell products I buy, I will not be a return customer. I am NOT impressed.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 25th, 2013 14:00

SHANEB94,

The thread you replied to is from 2010, no wonder the link was not working! The file library has changed alot since then. All of the SX2210 drivers and guides are online.

Manuals

SX2210T Touch Monitor Driver

SX2210T Touch Monitor Webcam Application

If purchased NEW directly from us, the SX2210T would have received the following -
Power cable
Power adapter
VGA cable
DVI cable
USB Upstream cable
Quick Start PDF Guide
Driver CD
Cleaning cloth

The fact that yours did not have everything means that someone outside of Dell opened the box and removed that stuff. Most likely the reseller sold it and had it returned to them. They then repackaged it. It would not be difficult to counterfeit our tape.

No Events found!