Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 12th, 2017 14:00

SX2210T, non-supported Windows 10, workarounds?

I'm trying to get the touch screen working on the SX2210T monitor under Windows 10. Using some drivers from NextWindow for Windows 7, the built in webcam works OK, however, the touch input doesn't. The driver errors and doesn't load (invalid parameter). I have the USB connected between monitor and PC. I've searched the Dell website for new drivers but nothing shows. Do you know how to get SX2210T working under Windows 10?

3 Posts

March 1st, 2017 11:00

Windows 10 uses a default NextWindow driver for the Touch screen (NextWindow 1950 driver). It does not work. Changing it to NextWindow Voltron Compliant Touch screen driver corrected the problem on two of my SX2210T monitors. And with regular updates by Microsoft, this driver automatically reverts to the default NextWindow drivers and has to be changed again. Download and extract the NextWindow Voltron Compliant Touch screen driver into its own folder. Name the Folder VoltronTouch,

* Right click the Start button
* Choose Device Manager
* In the Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices and the Touch screen device should be there
* Highlight it, right click and choose properties
* Click the Driver tab
* Click Update Driver
* Click Browse and point to the folder VoltronTouch
* Click Yes to install the older driver

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

February 13th, 2017 08:00

Therein lies the issue, the 2009 SX2210T was never tested/validated with Windows 10. Dell only tested/validated Windows XP/Vista/7. The Touch capability drivers are built into the operating system. So if after changing the operating system to Windows 10, Touch does not work, you can try to force the older Windows 7 driver in compatibility mode. But even then, Touch may not work.

2 Posts

February 13th, 2017 15:00

It is indeed the driver. It worked OK through to Windows 8 on the same PC. I guess I expected the drivers to be updated for the new OS as the drivers were originally supplied by Dell. However, the Dell driver download site says everything on my PC is up to date. No drivers are displayed at all. So the lack of a driver means this monitor is redundant (for Touch at least - which is why I have it). I only wish the Dell driver download site said that Touch is not supported for Windows 10. It will have saved me hours of time.

* It did. The exclusion of Windows 10 in the "Operating system" list is tell you this.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 2nd, 2017 06:00

Interesting. Can you provide a direct link to the Windows 10 NextWindow 1950 UCS Compliant Touch Screen driver?

3 Posts

January 3rd, 2018 06:00

Microsoft has it in the update download catalog here for the drivers (1950 and Voltron). I apparently made an error in my post and switched the two drivers. Currently, Microsoft puts the 1950 in and I replace them with the Voltron to make it work. If touch is not working, check to see which driver is in and change to the other.

No Events found!