Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 11th, 2012 07:00

Service Tag - U2711

I purchased U2711 early 2012, and it started acting strange with the screen flickering, which is a normal problem the majority of U2711 owners, i checked everything and tried everything, 100% sure the problem is from the Monitor it self, anyway in order to replace it, i need the Service Tag number, and some of the letters are scratched not showing on the boss due delivery i would guess, how can i obtain my original service tag, and how would i proceed to the replacement order, help would be much appreciate it :).

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 11th, 2012 19:00

If you purchased it directly from us, the Dell invoice will have the Dell customer and order number on it. Contact Technical Support. They can then look up the order number and then provide the service tag number. Are you saying the service tag label on the back bottom of the U2711 was scratched off? They will need the following data -
Email Address:
Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Service Tag number:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number:
Reason:

1 Rookie

• 

5 Posts

May 12th, 2012 16:00

Thanks, i got the tag service number now, i had to guess the missing 2 letters from the scratched paper on the box, but where do i go on the website in order to fill in the needed form for the replacement, i really got lost.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 14th, 2012 12:00

Dell Technical Support United Arab Emirates http://dell.to/KmTcXm

No Events found!