Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 9th, 2017 01:00

UP3216Q, Service tag not found, registration issues

I have a Dell UP3216Q 4K monitor. When I enter the Service Tag in the online warranty checker it says not recognised. It is the same for the Express SVC Code.

I also tried registering the monitor at www.onlineregister.com/dell/ and entered the Service Tag which was accepted but that was nearly 2 months ago and I have not heard back from Dell. Also when I log in to my account the product is not showing.

If I try to contact Support i need to enter my Service Tag which of course doesn't work. Please let me know how to register and get support on my professional monitor.

9.4K Posts

February 9th, 2017 05:00

Hi RogerD007,

Thanks for posting.

Here is some information you may find helpful.

4 Posts

February 9th, 2017 05:00

Thanks for the info, but I've read that page already. It's actually that page that pointed me to the online registration page that I used.

But it doesn't help to answer my questions. Firstly, why isn't my service tag recognised and secondly why after I submitted my online registration have I heard nothing and the product isn't showing up in my products on my account?

9.4K Posts

February 9th, 2017 07:00

If you call Technical support for Dell, they will ask you for the Service Tag number first but tell them that you do not have it and they will ask you for the order number.  Since you have your order number, they can pull up your information. If you have it, having your customer number is also handy. 

4 Posts

February 9th, 2017 07:00

Hi Robert

Thank you for replying again. As I stated in my original post, I DO have a Service Tag and I DO have an Express SVC Code. However, I do not have an order number as the monitor was not purchased direct from Dell. You earlier pointed me to the Dell monitor warranty page and on that there is a section for 'Monitors with a service tag purchased from resellers' which is the section relevant to my situation. In that section it states I should go to the online registration page and register my service tag which I did. The instructions also state that after registering within 15 business days I will receive an email from Dell but I have NOT received an email.

The instructions on the page you listed also state that the monitor service tag has to be in your name, address, etc before any warranty will be validated. At this point I am just trying to get the monitor registered correctly.

Any help in getting the monitor registered for warranty would be appreciated.

9.4K Posts

February 9th, 2017 09:00

In that case, please contact me privately (hover over my name in blue then click "send private message") and include the following:

Monitor Service Tag number

Monitor Express Service Code number

Full Name

Shipping address

Phone number

Email address

4 Posts

February 9th, 2017 09:00

Thanks, message sent.

4 Posts

February 11th, 2017 08:00

I too am having this same situation. Slightly different as I had successfully registered a monitor at www.onlineregister.com/dell/ and did receive an email response. However, this monitor does not show in my registered products, and any attempt to register are nil.

9.4K Posts

February 13th, 2017 07:00

Hi Timglide,

Thanks for posting.

Depending on where you purchased your monitor, you may not be able to "register" it, nor will it show in your registered products.  However, the warranty will be determined by the 20 digit serial number, so when you call in, give the technician that number.  Thanks.

No Events found!