Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 20th, 2011 18:00

Silly question about the ST2320L

I recently purchased a Dell ST2320L (http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&sku=320-9333).  When I turn the monitor on neither the Dell logo nor the buttons on the right hand side of the monitor light up.  The light underneath the Dell logo does light up, but I was expecting the buttons and the logo to illuminate based on the pictures shown on the product site.  Is this not how the product functions, or am I missing a setting that I need to turn on somewhere?  I've read the documentation and don't see anything about this.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 21st, 2011 23:00

Do the buttons light up when pressed? Does the Dell logo appear if you power the monitor off, disconnect it from the PC, and then power the monitor on?

2 Posts

December 29th, 2011 06:00

The buttons do not illuminate when pressed.  They do WORK - the menu appears on the screen and the power button does turn the monitor on and off.  But they do not illuminate.  The Dell logo does not illuminate either after powering off and disconnecting it from the PC and powering it back on.

3 Posts

January 4th, 2012 11:00

I am having the same issue as well as a number of others. 

In addition, after some time has passed the OSD cannot be brought up. 

Also, after the monitor goes to sleep the, it will not wake.  The backlight will come on, but the monitor will remain black and the OSD cannot be brought up.  I must power cycle the monitor by unplugging it to fix this.

Lastly, the monitor will stop playing any sounds at random intervals during movie clips.  In the middle of a video, the sound will simply cut off.  Again the remedy is to power cycle the monitor.

I am using a:

Dell Studio XPS 7100

AMD Phenom II X6 2.6GHz

ATI Radeon HD 5450

6.00 GB RAM

Windows 7 Home Prem. 64 Bit

connected to the Dell ST2320L via HDMI

No Events found!