Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 9th, 2013 04:00

Sony Line of Cameras - When will they be back?

Hello Sony and all;

I am very unhappy that Dell has taken down the Sony line of cameras right on the very week that the TX30 was due to launch in the USA. I was able to find the TX30 in blue, on the Dell Canada site but I cannot purchase it and have it shipped to the USA.

My intention was to use my Dell Preferred account to purchase the camera before I go on vacation next month but everyone I have spoken to on the standard 800 number for Dell has told me they "don't know" anything about the Sony camera line or what the status is of whether Sony USA will ever carry the line again. I find this hard to believe that your own sales department isn't given this information so they can educate the customer.

Please, Dell...tell me when/if you're going to ever carry the Sony line of cameras again. Especially, the TX30 in Blue! Please, tell me it will be up for purchase before July 5th 2013!

I have been a Dell Preferred customer for years and purchased all of my cameras and computer equipment from Dell...my Alienware Area15, the G line of Canon cameras from the G7 through G11 and the Sony Nex7 as well as all the Sony TX line of cameras from the TX5 through the TX20...now I wanted to get my hands on the TX30 but it was taken down the same week of the launch. Please, help! If there is another way I can use my Preferred account to purchase it via another method, please help and suggest.

Thank you!

Nick

2K Posts

May 9th, 2013 12:00

Hi Nick,

Sony TX30 was launched on 04/07/2013 in the United States. Unfortunately it is currently unavailable in the Dell support site (US) . We donot have a fixed timeframe when it will be available. I also see that you have purchased a number of products through Dell but at this point I would not be able to give any answer about the launch date in the Dell site.

If you have further questions do reply to the same thread.

No Events found!