Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 24th, 2017 16:00

AE515 Soundbar, high pitch noise

I got a Dell U2415b monitor early this month to use with a HP i7 laptop.  Last week I also got a Dell AE515 sound bar for the monitor, and it work fine the first day.  However the next day the sound bar started making a rather loud high pitch noise most of the time, and I had to unplug the mini-plug from the monitor to the sound bar.  Sometime the hum is low enough, so it is not noticeable when playing music or video. 

The sound bar is plugged into the monitor with the short built-in USB cable, and the mini-plugs cable that come with the sound bar connect the monitor and the sound bar.  The laptop is connector to the monitor with a HDMI cable; the laptop is 5 year old and doesn't have outlet for the Display Port cable that come with the monitor.

• 

17K Posts

August 28th, 2017 09:00

DellPoo,

You can click the link below to download the online manuals for setting up the sound bar and troubleshooting issues.

AE515 Sound Bar

2 Posts

August 28th, 2017 19:00

Dear Jesse L,  Thank you for the reply.  I've checked these manuals before posting the question.  Referred to ae515_user's guide: Troubleshooting: Abnormal sound: Distorted or buzzing sound; If I connect the audio source to portable CD player, there is no high pitch noise.  The noise is much less noticeable, if I decrease the volume with the button on the sound bar.  But it have to be set high enough to play the audio, and it is still annoying when no audio is played.  So I unplug the mini-plug from the monitor when no audio is played.  Not being able to use higher volume setting also limit the ability of the sound bar to play some quiet video/music.

April 23rd, 2020 11:00

Try connecting the AE515 Soundbar direct to the PC via USB. You won't need the audio jack if you do this and sound should improve. I had to buy a USB extension but it works well.

No Events found!