Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 14th, 2013 22:00

Sporadic Mouse Movement

Please excuse me. I didn't see an appropriate forum for mouse trouble. If you know a better place for me to post this question please let me know.

My mouse has begun acting very sporadically. It's an optical mouse with a USB wire. I tried another mouse, USB but wireless, and in different USB ports. It doesn't seem to help. More recently the mouse freezes but comes back to life after I click (sometimes). In this case it may be bad batteries. Sometimes the mouse works fine. So it's hard to know if something I've tried fixed the problem.

Thank you for your advice,

Michael

1.3K Posts

April 15th, 2013 06:00

Hi Michael,

Please try connecting this mouse to a different computer and revert with the status. Also confirm the system model. You could also run the Dell Diagnostics and revert if any there are any errors.

Kindly find the steps below to perform the H/W diagnostics.

Turn the computer off >restart the computer

At the Dell logo screen, start tapping the F12 key a few times until you see the ‘One Time Boot Menu’ appear.

At the one time boot menu, press the down arrow key to highlight ‘Diagnostic’, and then press Enter to begin the PSA diagnostics. If the test fails, please make a note of any error codes listed. You can also refer to the link below.

http://dell.to/i5zbDR

No Events found!