Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

December 1st, 2012 06:00

TP713 Touchpad Unintuitive Scroll Direction

Hello Everyone,

I am impressed with the Dell TP713 but I have one issue - it scrolls in the opposite of any touchpad I have used.  For example, typically when you swipe in a downward direction it moves you down on the page.  With the Dell touchpad it is the opposite.  I have to move my fingers in an upward direction to scroll down.  Is there a way to change the direction of scroll?

Thanks,

PerryR

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 1st, 2012 19:00

PerryR2,

I thought that setting would be in the OS (operating system)? What OS are you running?

4 Posts

December 1st, 2012 20:00

Chris,

I am running Windows 8.  I just got the computer (XPS 8500) so I am in the process of learning W8.  I did look in the Control Panel/mouse settings but didn't find anything that was specific to the TP.

Thanks,

PerryR

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 4th, 2012 06:00

Still researching this. I cannot find many post about this product.

2 Posts

January 19th, 2013 20:00

I believe what you are seeing is how it is intended to work, even though it is different from what we are used to. Windows 8 is optimized for touch screen. Think of the touchpad as a replacement for the touchscreen.  It acts like a touchscreen-- when you swipe, you are dragging the image, not scrolling. When you swipe down, you are dragging the image down--so the top of it is revealed. You drag the image to the right to see more of the left. 

1 Message

January 10th, 2014 06:00

I am having the same issue. However it was intended to work, there should be a way to change that feature depending on user preference. Scrolling and dragging may not be the same thing but the touchpad feature is defined by Dell as Scroll. 

How can we change the scrolling direction?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 10th, 2014 08:00

apdelluser,

All we have are Owner's Manual, Quick Start Guide, and the Gesture Demo Application. You will need to peruse those.

1 Message

February 20th, 2014 17:00

I am having the same issue and don't know how to change the scroll direction of the Dell TouchPad.  Anyone has the solution?

No Events found!