Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 25th, 2013 13:00

The problem with the monitor Dell UltraSharp U2913WM

Photos of the defect, service marks, and labels on the packaging can be seen from the accompanying photo of a monitor and a defect in the form of a band full height of the screen, and that would eventually change the color: green, red, black, purple

The first time I called this problem to customer support dell in Russia 8 (499) 500-8391, I was asked to take a picture of the defect and the invoice and send to the address . Since then, for four weeks, every day, calling in support of Dell, and every day they say they are engaged in the issue, "and wait for you to call back," but have never called back. And judging by the questions they ask every time they even read the letter that I sent them a photo of the defect and the invoice. As I understand the main problem is that the service tag is not in their database. What can I do?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 26th, 2013 16:00

tarasov,

Please repost the picture here so we can view it: http://imageshack.us/

If the service tag is not in their region, they wil not see it. Go here and insert the service tag, Does it appear?

Dell STFC (Self Test Feature Check)
* Turn off both your computer and the monitor
* Unplug ALL monitor cables from the computer and the video card (USB, VGA, DVI, DP, HDMI, etc.)
* Turn on the monitor
* The floating "No cable" box appears and moves around the screen

Dell FPDBIST (Flat Panel Display Built In Self Test)
Note - Some monitors will not have this diagnostic. Some monitors may not have all of these color choices.
* Turn off both your computer and the monitor
* Ensure that the monitor is clean (no dust particles on the surface of the screen)
* Unplug ALL monitor cables from the computer and the video card (USB, VGA, DVI, DP, HDMI)
* Turn on the monitor
* The monitor then goes into the Self Test mode
* Press and hold Button 1 and Button 4 on the monitor simultaneously for 2 seconds. A gray screen appears. Do you see the issue?
* Press Button 4 on the front panel again. The color of the screen changes to red. Do you see the issue?
* Press Button 4 on the front panel again. The color of the screen changes to green. Do you see the issue?
* Press Button 4 on the front panel again. The color of the screen changes to blue. Do you see the issue?
* Press Button 4 on the front panel again. The color of the screen changes to black. Do you see the issue?
* Press Button 4 on the front panel again. The color of the screen changes to white. Do you see the issue?
* The test is complete when the white screen appears. To exit, press Button 4 again

If the monitor Passes the STFC and the FPDBIST, the monitor is fine. Look to the cabling or the computer video card as the culprit.

No Events found!