Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

2 Posts

November 3rd, 2018 01:00

U2312HM, buzzing at all brightness levels

Hello all,

I've had the U2312HM display for quite a few years already and I'm starting to reach the breaking point with it.

Ideally, I would use it at a brightness level of 0-20% but then the infamous humming noise everyone knows about started driving me nuts. I looked up online and found out about the workaround with raising the brightness to 99-100% and lowering the contrast so that it wouldn't look as bright.

But when the monitor is set at a brightness level of 99-100%, there is still this high-pitched hissing noise. Reminds me of that noise that got on the news a few years ago when it was used in UK supermarkets to deter kids from loitering since only their ears were able to hear it. Well, apparently so can my ears.

It's starting to get unbearable to work in front of this display.

Is there any other sort of workaround for this problem? maybe some sort of firmware update? I'll even be willing to open up the display and replace any resistors/capacitors if it can help in any way.

Thanks in advance

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 3rd, 2018 06:00

* There are no customer accessible firmware updates
* When testing, the U2312HM power cable should be plugged into a wall outlet not used by any other devices
* Reset it to Factory defaults in the Menu- Other Settings- Factory Reset- Reset All Settings
* All brightness and contrast changes should be made from the GPU control panel, not the U2312HM

2 Posts

November 8th, 2018 08:00

Thanks for your reply.

I tried resetting the monitor to its factory settings but that didn't help at all. the buzzing continues.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a way to control the monitor from the GPU control panel. I would mention that i'm using it with a mac computer so that might be the cause. But I find it hard to believe that changing the monitors operating parameters from within it's own menu somehow causes it to work improperly.

No Events found!