Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 23rd, 2013 21:00

U2312HM does not have a Dell service tag number

i bought U2312hm 4 month ago at newegg. but today left side of monitor color turn blue and have some lines. i try to connect support center but i can't find service tag. i can find only s/n and dp/n also dp/n is only 6 letter. how i can find service number?

118 Posts

October 23rd, 2013 23:00

Hi artemisblue,

Dell 24" and smaller monitors do not have a service tag. You would have received a Dell Order number on the original invoice.

Please perform Monitor Self-Test. Here are the steps:

• Turn off both the computer and monitor.
  • Unplug the video cable from the back of the computer. To ensure proper Self-Test operation,  remove the Analog (blue connector) cables from the back of the computer.
  • Turn on the monitor.
  • The floating dialog box should appear on-screen (against a black background) if the monitor cannot sense a video signal and is working correctly. While in self-test mode, the power LED remains white.
  • This box also appears during normal system operation, if the video cable becomes disconnected or damaged. During test check if there is a still color issue or display color looks fine.
  • Turn off the monitor and reconnect the video cable; then turn on both the computer and the monitor.

You may refer to the link http://bit.ly/Wjj0eg . Navigate to troubleshooting link. Click the link and you will find the step by step instruction on how to run the self-test and the built in diagnostics.

You may also refer to the common problems discussed in the manual and perform the steps given to resolve the issue.

Please share the picture of the screen with the lines and the color distortion.

Keep me posted with the results. I’ll be glad to assist 

October 23rd, 2013 23:00

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/81f0.jpg/

everything is good but only left side have problem 

also same situation at PS3

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 24th, 2013 07:00

artemisblue ,

24" and smaller Dell monitors do not get a service tag number. They get an assigned Dell Order number but only if you purchased it directly from Dell.
* Go back to the top of this Monitor Forum
* Open "FAQ Monitor"
* Open "Monitor warranties and replacement instructions"

The picture you posted is when the U2312HM is connected to the computer. We need to see pictures of the U2312HM running the BID (Built-in Diagnostics) which takes the computer and all cabling out of the troubleshooting.

* Turn the monitor off
* Disconnect all cables from the monitor except the power cord
* Looking at the monitor buttons top to bottom, press and hold buttons 1 and 4 down for two seconds
* An all Gray screen appears
* Press button 4. The screen changes to Red
* Press button 4. The screen changes to Green
* Press button 4. The screen changes to Blue
* Press button 4. The screen changes to Black
* Press button 4. The screen changes to White
* Press button 4 to exit the test

No Events found!