Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

February 5th, 2012 10:00

U2410 Buttons

It seems so silly. The new out of the box 2410 functions perfectly in a dual monitor setup with extended desktop driven by a Dell Studio desktop connected by an HDMI cable. I connected an E6410 via displayport cable but I can't get to the on screen menu to select a different input. When I press the power button to turn the monitor on, the blue buttons on the lower right light up in sequence and then turn off.  Buttons 1-4 are unresponsive when I touch them. I read the FAQ and found the reference to locked mode so I put my finger on #5 button and it lights for about 4-5 seconds and fades out. Leaving my finger there for 15 seconds, 20 seconds, etc has no effect and I have yet to see any message on the screen. Is there a particular technique for activating the buttons that everybody knows about but me? How do I troubleshoot this?

58 Posts

February 6th, 2012 02:00

You only need to give the fifth button a quick touch - there should be a beep and the short menu should appear.

February 7th, 2012 03:00

Mostly the monitor wants to live in locked mode. Unplugging the a/c cord and cables & holding down the on switch for 3+ secs while unplugged and then reconnecting everything will sometimes allow the 2410 to go into an unlocked state where the buttons work as suggested above and a quick touch brings up a menu. From the menu, there is one opportunity to make any changes that I want, but on exiting the menus, it is back to locked mode as if by design.  If the monitor is on, I have yet to find a way to unlock it using the buttons as is described elsewhere in this forum. One of the reasons I bought this particular monitor was for the selection of inputs and in particular the ability to switch between Displayport and DVI-D inputs from a laptop and desktop, respectively. The voodoo required to switch inputs renders the monitor unusable for this purpose. Maybe I have a lemon?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 7th, 2012 06:00

So if the U2410 is not connected to the laptop, do the buttons function? Does the OSD menu appear? Take the dual monitor out of the troubleshooting. Connect the laptop directly to the single U2410. Do the buttons and OSD function?

February 7th, 2012 19:00

Connected via DVI-D cable to desktop: locked mode is normal, except after a few tries disconnecting everything the buttons will respond once and then revert to locked mode.  No connections except power: buttons don't work and no menu, but again after a few power downs, the menu will work once.  Connected only to laptop via displayport cable: buttons don't work, no menu, same random power off and maybe it will work routine.  

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 8th, 2012 05:00

Only the 27" and 30" monitors have a Service Tag number. All other monitors would use the Dell order number found on the original Dell invoice. If you only have a Dell order number for your monitor, you should contact Order Support for your country. If you purchased the monitor bundled with a Dell PC, contact Technical Support for your country and use the Service Tag number from the bundled Dell PC. They will need the following data -
Email Address:
Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Monitor Order number:
PC Service Tag number if bundled:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number:
Reason:

No Events found!