Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 17th, 2010 01:00

U2410 Factory Mode and Preset Color

Dear all,

Recently I got a new U2410, it is manufactured on Jan 2010 with A00 firmware, however after run some check, I realized that I has been flashed to A01 before shipping to me. My question is:

1) Yesterday I was browsing the "Factory Mode" and accidently altered the Red's value of AdobeRGB for 1 or 2 steps. I am not able to recall the original value and therefore I just leave it there. Although I understand the impact should be small for 1-2 steps, could anyone please tell me how can i restore the default value in the factory mode? I have checked the web and seems every LCD has its own default value as it is calibrated one by one.

2) My daily usages for U2410 include Web Browsing, some Gaming, and editing photo from my DSLR (but i rarely shoot raw, i shoot in sRGB JPG in most cases). I have downloaded the beta 3 ICM file and installed to my windows vista under color management (then it should be activated? Althouh I see no different after installation). My question is, what color scheme should I set in my U2410? I tried to figure out by myself and it seems the best view is AdobeRGB for normal web page and photos taken by myself. However I understand these content should be recorded in sRGB mode, why AdobeRGB mode presents better output? Is the image now displaying become richer but is not reflecting the realistic? Please suggest.

Once again thank you for answering questions from a newbie :)

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 18th, 2010 07:00

Yesterday I was browsing the "Factory Mode" and accidently altered the Red's value of AdobeRGB for 1 or 2 steps. I am not able to recall the original value and therefore I just leave it there. Although I understand the impact should be small for 1-2 steps, could anyone please tell me how can i restore the default value in the factory mode?
* Changes you make in the Monitor Factory Menu are not covered by your warranty. That Menu is used by us at the factory only. Once you make changes, there is not a reset. If you did not write down our values, they are lost.

I have checked the web and seems every LCD has its own default value as it is calibrated one by one.
* That is correct.

I have downloaded the beta 3 ICM file and installed to my windows vista under color management then it should be activated? Although I see no different after installation.
* It is loaded correctly. You still need to tell Photoshop and Firefox to use that specific ICM.

My question is, what color scheme should I set in my U2410? I tried to figure out by myself and it seems the best view is AdobeRGB for normal web page and photos taken by myself. However I understand these content should be recorded in sRGB mode, why AdobeRGB mode presents better output? Is the image now displaying become richer but is not reflecting the realistic? Please suggest.
* Use either the Standard Preset Mode or the sRGB Mode. And then calibrate them.

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

March 18th, 2010 07:00

As a newbie myself, I'd be interested in reading some good responses to these questions also.  Many thanks!

No Events found!