Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 3rd, 2009 12:00

U2410 Green/Pink Tint Issues

Just wondering could i get a replacement monitor for my current U2410 which has very serious left green and right pink tint issues? Even on this dell community forum, where both sides i can see very obvious difference, would any firmware solve this issue or it's something more serious?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

February 3rd, 2010 09:00

Noted. FAQ edited per instruction from the Dell Legal Team.

23 Posts

February 8th, 2010 07:00

I got sick thinking about how much money i have spent on greenish pinkish monitor. To get better I have arranged full refund.

Tint gets worse with time!

In all, this has been rather traumatic experience.

Adio, Dell monitors!

Cheers,

Marin

May 3rd, 2010 09:00

I give Kudos to Chris M, worked with him when I had my 2407 and 2408 issues, hes been fantastic

My current U2410s (I bought 12) have only had two poor units, they are all AO1s, now Im in the shuffles of switching them out, in my case its one side is about 50% contract of the opposite side, so I can say the monitors at A01 seem to be far better than the A00s

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 22nd, 2010 22:00

come on and take this problem serious! I just bought U2410 2 weeks ago and have the same problem: left green and right pink tint, but not very apparent. only a few people returned this monitor because the return process is very troublesome. i have to mail back with my own cost, responsible for any damage, loss, long waiting time for credit return... If there is no solution about this problem, I will think twice to buy a Dell product in the future--- the service is so difficult.

3 Posts

June 24th, 2010 11:00

Don't bother. Do not buy this monitor. Do not wast your time, effort, and money.

I bought this monitor last November (2009) and it has very visible red/green issue. I asked for a replacement which Dell quickly supplied, but it had the same problem. I kept the monitor but wish that I hadn't. I thought I would get used to it but it still bugs me. I am dissatisfied with the quality of this monitor and I wish I could get a refund to replace it.

5 Posts

June 24th, 2010 11:00

It seems like this particular forum posting has been active since October 2009, and nothing has still been resolved.  I was really tempted to buy this monitor, but with all the complaints I have, I am skeptical about doing so.

Chris, I was wondering if there are any updates from the Dell Hardware team on this issue?  If there is no viable solution in place yet, it would be nice to know so I don't end up purchasing this monitor and finding myself in a position of constantly exchanging them.

Thanks. 

5 Posts

June 25th, 2010 09:00

Would you recommend any other monitors that have a similar price tag?  I was looking at the HP one, but it seems to be quite a bit more expensive, which unfortunately is out of my budget.  I need a monitor that has the variety of inputs as the U2410 along with an IPS panel (preferably not a cheap e-IPS, but an H-IPS).

Thanks. 

3 Posts

June 25th, 2010 10:00

This is not the place for me to make alternative recommendations. However, if you scour the web I’m sure you’ll find plenty of options. I also recommend that you go to a store where you can actually see the monitor in action.

If Dell were to provide me with a replacement that did not have this problem, then I might be satisfied.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 25th, 2010 19:00

don't know where you are, here in Alberta, Memory Express is selling Samsung T245 16:10 monitor, it is S-PVA screen. price is $640. I did not check that computer, but I don't think it has this green-pink problem.

1 Message

June 27th, 2010 13:00

I am VERY disappointed that Dell hasn't fixed the problems associated with this U2410 monitor. I will take a pass on buying this model and keep searching. 

Apple has panel problems on their 27 iMacs. I didn't buy one of those either.  What seems to be the problem with making good quality panels?

5 Posts

June 28th, 2010 09:00

So after having a look at the FAQ, it seems like Dell doesn't care about these customer complaints.  According to them, everything is within spec.  This honestly sounds like what Steve Jobs is doing with the iPhone 4's antenna problems.  Call your customers stupid and say there is nothing wrong with it.  Well it looks like my mind is made up, and that is to stay away from this monitor despite it's awesome connectivity and price.

5 Posts

June 29th, 2010 17:00

I really doubt that they are using a different panel since the price difference for many items fluctuate A LOT from country to country.  For example, a 13 inch MacBook Pro costs $1249 in Canada, but in Pakistan, the equivalent price would be around $1800.

As for the monitor, it's a huge disappointment for me.  This is the EXACT type of monitor I have been looking for, but my dreams were crushed by this tinting problem :P 

180 Posts

June 29th, 2010 17:00

Yep, LG/Philips is trashing big time what is IMO one of the best LCD technologies out there. Even the new iPhone4's "retina display" (a high resolution IPS panel) has decoloration problems.

BTW: in my country the U2410 got a big price tag this days (adding almost 1/4 of the value). Its only here? Perhaps Dell is using better panels on this model?

43 Posts

June 29th, 2010 21:00

Where did you see details about a Revision 02? Is it available online somewhere?

180 Posts

June 29th, 2010 21:00

Yep, but I'm talking about fluctuations on the same country.  Last month the monitor was about $3.400 and now its $.4.200. That is coincident with the apparition of some A02 revisions built May 2010. Thats why I'm suspicious.

No Events found!