Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 1st, 2009 17:00

U2410 Rev A01 eta?

Does anyone from dell have an ETA for the Ultrasharp U2410 rev a01?

It seems it would be wise to wait for the new rev. But i'm really interested in this screen :emotion-2:

6 Posts

January 15th, 2010 16:00

So, if it comes A00, and I don't take it out of the box, can I keep returning it until I get the one I want?  I'd rather have a new one out of the box than some refurb...

2 Posts

January 15th, 2010 21:00

What excellent customer service. You wait months for the newer revision, that fixes a whole variety of problems, and you have to deal with a lottery when it is finally available. And if you are unfortunate enough to get the lousy A00, your only hope at that point, after forking out half a grand, is to get a refurbished unit. Oh, but we're only 1% of sales. Guess because other customers don't end up seeing the problems or are too lazy to do anything about it, I guess that makes it okay to distribute a flawed product.

:emotion-45:

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 15th, 2010 22:00

If you refuse delivery, the order would return to Dell and you would get your money returned. Then, you would have to reorder.

If you take delivery, you could immediately ask for a New exchange since your within 21 days.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 16th, 2010 07:00

Good news.Dell China have released firmware A01 already. I called Dell in China for firmware update,and they send me a cd that new firmware,ISP tool and Manual in it.Chris M is wrong,you can update firmware by yourself.

23 Posts

January 16th, 2010 08:00

Nice, can you put it on internet?

Cheers,

Marin

January 16th, 2010 08:00

Seriously?

Are you sure that you aren't confusing it with the fixed icm profile?

January 16th, 2010 11:00

So those files aren't the Rev.A01 you're using to update? Or are you just afraid that ppl might mess up when trying to update themselves?

After having problems under Win XP, I managed to open the PDF with Win 7.

Since I initially planned to return the monitor anyways, I might still try the update.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

We are not doing this in the Americas. These files have not been tested by us in our Displays lab. If you brick the monitor, it will not be covered by the warranty.

Thanks for the link.

Hm, something wrong with the PDF file? I can't open it with the Adobe Reader.

And what does Chris have to say about those files? Are those real/working?

Thanks for the reply, Chris.

And sure, I'll let you folks know how it went if I decide to do the update.

The thing is though, that I don't see any dithering on my A00 screen and "only" have the tint problem, so I'd probably do it for curiosity's sake only. :D

4 Posts

@Yappadappadu,

The extensions with the 3 files in the link have to be fixed (they were  modified for some good obvious reasons. ). For all three files, if you just rename the extensions properly, they seem to be  valid working files.

The PDF file is a 10-page document.

Again, as Chris kindly pointed out, there is a risk in flashing the firmware yourself, just like other electronic gadgets.

30 Posts

Exactly what I thought you say. :emotion-2:

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

So those files aren't the Rev.A01 you're using to update?
* I cannot say they are or not since we have have not tested them.

Or are you just afraid that ppl might mess up when trying to update themselves?
* That too.

Since I initially planned to return the monitor anyways, I might still try the update.
* If you brick it running these untested files, you cannot return it.

4 Posts

@Yappadappadu,

Oh, I didn't catch your response before I sent out mine.  So if you do try the update, can you let us know how it goes?  Thanks.  I am in the same boat as yours, having one A00 in hand.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 16th, 2010 12:00

hrvoje_marin,

How did this come out?
* I have already escalated this on our side asking that very question.

No Events found!