Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

October 28th, 2009 04:00

U2410 color calibration problem??

Hi,

Im from Malaysia, and i had purchase a dell U2410 last month directly thru dell online, but i only start using it last week. no dead pixel, everything seem fine, but than there is 1 problem regarding the color.

The light intense blue color shown in this monitor become purple color instead of light blue. I try to set the mode to standard, sRGB, RGB, all give me the same result.

And i had run thru a RGB gradient test. Red and green gradient show just nice. but the blue color gradient, it show purple in the middle part where those light intense blue belong to. May i know what had cause this to happen? I try the same test on my dell mini 12, the blue color show exactly blue for all part.

I try to call technical support, but than the automate answer machine request me a service tag where i cant found any on my monitor even on the card hidden in the left side of panel. So which number should i call? or is there any email address for technical support?

Really hope to get some help in this. Thank you.

2.1K Posts

October 28th, 2009 22:00

Suggest you send Chris-M (forum moderator) a private message with your questions and hopefully he'll be able to provide some assistance -

http://en.community.dell.com/members/DELL_2D00_Chris-M/default.aspx

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 29th, 2009 07:00

Post a picture of the issue here. Provide the following information in your post -
* The issue as you understand it =
* The link to the picture =
* Operating System =
* Monitor 20 digit Serial PPID number =
* Monitor ports tested =
* Video card =
* Video card ports tested =

14 Posts

October 31st, 2009 09:00

* The issue as you understand it = The brief explanation is about the same as my 1st post. blue look purple. but from camera, it look blue. even i show to my housemate, he also told me its purple. I had call a replacement, the problem had gone with this replacement monitor. So i believe its just some rare miscalibrated monitor case. But the new problem arrive, the unit i receive now is a refurbish unit, and it come with a pink tint problem on my bottom of the screen. Nearly 1/3 of the lower screen shown pink. Its quite obvious when you are having a white background such as when you open microsoft office. Another problem is that the power button light is gone, no more blue light. Will call dell again this monday for clarify and replacement.

I thought buying a good panel with expensive price can let me free from quality issue, but maybe im wrong. (This model is the only brand that have ips panel and also the most expensive 24inch PC LCD available in malaysia market)

* Operating System = XP

* Monitor 20 digit Serial PPID number = 1st unit: CN-0J257M-72872-985-077L

2nd unit: CN-0J257M-72872-998-0H0L

* Monitor ports tested = dvi, vga
* Video card = nvidia 8500GT 512MB
* Video card ports tested = vga, dvi

14 Posts

November 4th, 2009 01:00

3rd unit arrive today. Serious pink tint issue on the upper part. green tint issue on lower left.

The color between left lower part and right lower part of monitor seem different. Left look cool, right look warm.

I think i will just keep this unit first until further update from Chris-M about the new firmware.... Its really not a good experience even though after sale service is good, but there is still room of improve in product quality and QC.

No Events found!