Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 16th, 2014 20:00

U2410 "Entering power save mode" issue befall on mine

OK, so everything went fine until yesterday night, I can't wake it up anymore...THAT WAS A BIG PAIN because I need the monitor to help me to finish work.

Have been looking for solutions around google but with NO LUCK!

I am trying to find out how to reclaim my warrant but the ship date is on 22/08/2011. So I don't know whether it is due.

Can anyone please tell me how should I do so I can know whether it is still under warranty so I can get a replacement? Or if it is due I can purchase other brand of monitors. (no dell anymore)

I am not convenient to make phone call on my place, so I don't know is there any other way to contact customer service?

Attached my label I don't know any clues to find out my warranty?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 17th, 2014 13:00

The monitor was manufactured on June 27, 2011. If you purchased it on August 22, 2011, then the warranty expired on August 22, 2014.

You can try a hard reset of the monitor to see if it will fix it...
* Disconnect every cable from the monitor (including the power cord)
* Press and hold in the monitor power button for 15 seconds
* Reconnect the power cord to the wall outlet, then to the monitor
* Reconnect ONLY the video cable from the computer video card to the monitor and retest

8 Posts

September 18th, 2014 02:00

I noticed it doesn't show "enter power save mode" msg anymore, but instead the screen is whole black, the power light is blue, any idea?

Also, can you help me confirm it's 5 years warranty or 3 years? thanks.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 18th, 2014 07:00

Nope. Sounds defective. The default warranty is 3 years. If you bought it directly from the Dell website, you had the option of choosing a longer warranty. So you would be the only one to know if you had done this.

8 Posts

September 20th, 2014 21:00

Thanks for the reply.

Miracle happened!! When I selected preset modes to Custom Color, my screen is back !!!

But not works if I selected other mode: Standard Multimedia Game, Warm, Cool Adobe RGB sRGB,

Do you have any idea why it that? Please help me, I need Adobe RGB mode....

8 Posts

September 20th, 2014 22:00

OK I think I know the problem.

Entering factory menu I saw all RGB were set to zero, that's why screen is completely black.

Now, how do I know the original RGB value of each mode? I have no idea why it became like this...

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 21st, 2014 17:00

No idea. I found this and this doing a search, but every monitor is slightly different.

No Events found!