Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 3rd, 2013 15:00

U2410 recently started randomly dying

I've had my Dell U2410 for just over a year now and its been the best monitor ive had the pleasure of owning... until recently.

Over the last few weeks it will completely randomly either simply go blank and become unresponsive. or horrible mushly colours appear and it likewise becomes unresponsive.

turning it off and on again at the mains resolves this issue and at least allows me to get some use out of it. Once I have done this once after turning on for the first time it seems to be fine for hours.

it is definitely the monitor at fault as i have a 2nd screen on the same machine which responds fine during the periods that the u2410 is having issues. i have also tried connecting it via dvi & display port just to make sure it wasnt the cable or something.

im hoping it is something that i can fix from home but im starting to suspect it may be more than that. I bought it 13 months ago from overclockers.co.uk so only have my email confirmation of purchase rather than a hard copy. is the monitor fixable? if not is it covered by dell still? or should i be contacting overclockers?

thanks in advance for any help you can give.

953 Posts

June 4th, 2013 02:00

Hi Mark9000,

From your post I understand that the monitor works normally but suddenly would show blank screen and becomes unresponsive. You power off the monitor from switch board and then again power it on and it starts to work normally.

Try to do “Factory Reset” on the monitor and check if this fixes the problem. To do “Factory Reset”:

1. Touch to launch the OSD menu and display the main menu.
  2. Touch the    buttons and select “Other Settings”.
  3. Touch the    button once to activate “Other Settings”.
  4. Touch the    and    buttons to select “Factory Reset”.
  5. Touch the    button.
  6. Touch    return to the main menu or    to exit the OSD menu.

You can know about you monitor’s warranty from here.

Hope this helps.

3 Posts

June 4th, 2013 11:00

Hi Zohaib, thanks I will give that a try and see what happens. you summed up the issue perfectly.

3 Posts

June 4th, 2013 13:00

unfortunately the fix you suggested did not work, i guess il have to go down the warranty route. thanks for trying though.

953 Posts

June 5th, 2013 09:00

Hi Mark9000,

Certainly. Please let us know after you contact warranty support should you need any further assistance.

No Events found!