Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

OZ

November 4th, 2010 16:00

U2410 self-wake up

Hi,

my new U2410f display, when it's stand-by, is waking up every few hours for just few seconds, then switchs of again.

I wanted to ask support, but i can't find service tag anywhere, altough monitor is brand new.

Any idea? Thank you.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 5th, 2010 07:00

Some device plugged into either the PC or the monitor is polling the operating system which is waking the monitor. You need to isolate which device.

November 6th, 2010 04:00

Thanks!

So you think it could be caused by mouse adapter plugged into monitor? Signal from behind of computer wasn't so strong.. I'll try to plug it back to the PC.

November 8th, 2010 10:00

I replaced mouse adapter from monitor to PC, but it didn't solve the problem:(

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 9th, 2010 07:00

Power off the monitor. Disconnect all cabling from the monitor to the PC (USB, DVI, etc.). The only cable that should attach the two is the blue VGA. Power on the monitor. Does it wake up on its own when the PC is in Standby?

November 17th, 2010 03:00

I disconnected USB cable, only DVI is attached now. I saw monitor switched on last night.

I can try to connect it via HDMI before i get DVI->VGA reduction, what do you think?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 17th, 2010 05:00

Test the monitor on another PC. Does it self-wake?

November 17th, 2010 07:00

I will also try it.. It takes some time to evaluate every experiment..

November 22nd, 2010 06:00

I still dont have another PC to try out, but guy at Intel (my motherboard&graphic) support told me this :

As we know that somemonitors trying to get signal from the computer even the computer was stand-by modus every couple hours, I therefore recommend you that you may need to contact Dell first if the monitor has the feature, if not please test your system with a different monitor, if the problem still pending please get contact us again.

My old Acer monitor (plugged by VGA cable and DVI-VGA reduction) didn't have this problem. I'm really annoyed that I can't contact Dell support without the service tag. Where I can get it when it's not sticked on panel?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 22nd, 2010 12:00

I'm really annoyed that I can't contact Dell support without the service tag. Where I can get it when it's not sticked on panel?
* Go back to the top of the Monitor board and open the second announcement.

November 22nd, 2010 12:00

Sorry, I don't really understand..what do you mean?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 23rd, 2010 07:00

* Read this

November 23rd, 2010 09:00

Thank you! I'll do that.  Only information I don't know is Monitor Order number. I hope it's not necessary

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 24th, 2010 21:00

We need the Order Number to see the warranty purchased. Are you saying you did not purchase this monitor?

November 30th, 2010 05:00

Well, problem finally solved. I called local support, they will bring me new monitoray tommorow.

Thanks for your help.

No Events found!