Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2013 06:00

U2412M A00 (two) have yellowish whites compared to U2412M A03 whites

I recently purchase two extra 2412m monitors to go with my existing 2412m monitor, that I purchased 1 year ago. The whites on my original monitor were fantastic; not so much on my new monitors as both of them look more yellowish than white. As you can see from this diagnostic mode picture, the whites are very noticeably different. The new monitor is on the left (Rev A00), old monitor is on the right (Rev A03)

http://i.imgur.com/rvF69Et.jpg

I've tried resetting to factory settings, playing around with colour settings, both have correct drivers installed, and I've tried a multitude of different icc profiles from tftcentral. Nothing makes the white colour come close to matching, unless I make my old monitor look yellower... which frankly is dumb solution. I purchased the two extra monitors to replace two Samsung LCDs, because I knew the whites were so much better, and I assumed they would somewhat match. What else can I do to remedy this? Can they be returned/swapped? Any help is appreciated.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 6th, 2013 07:00

Email sent off to engineering. Via private message (click my username), send the Dell order numbers for all three U2412Ms and also all three of the PPID numbers. Also post a picture of the third U2412M next to the other two.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

Also post a picture of the third U2412M next to the other two.

3 Posts

Hi Chris,

Yes, the picture was taken using the built-in diagnostic mode.

Both monitors had all cables detached, except for the power cable, and the diagnostic mode was activated using buttons 1 & 4, as per the manual.

3 Posts

December 6th, 2013 08:00

I have PM'd you with extra details and photos.

Cheers.

Edit: All three: http://i.imgur.com/56uWFAD.jpg

No Events found!