Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

November 11th, 2014 15:00

U2412M, X-Rite ColorMunki, calibration and question regarding DDC/CI

I am using X-Rite ColorMunki Display. Is it best to have that option enabled at default with in the monitor settings or should it be disabled? The reason I ask. During calibration. I disabled the following in ColorMunki Display:
Achieve display luminance value using video LUT
Automatic Display Calibration

Now what X-rite says about this is so confusing. Seems like they say one thing and then another. If you could look at these following pages regarding it. FAQs basically. I would appreciate it and maybe someone can help me out here.

Links =
http://www.xrite.com/colormunki-display/support/kb5565

http://www.xrite.com/colormunki-display/support/kb5828

1 Rookie

• 

719 Posts

November 12th, 2014 06:00

You have done it incorrectly. NEVER set luminance with GPU. You're wasting grey levels for nothing. And if could be avoided and have access to RGBgain (not in standard or emulatred gamut modes like sRGB), NEVER fix white point in GPU LUT for the same reason. Use dispcalGUI/ArgyllCMS and "Custom color" mode to set manually Whuite point. Remember to use WLED spectral correction or Munki Display reading will be wrong.

67 Posts

November 12th, 2014 12:00

I don't doubt you one bit on any thing you have said. I am more curious then any thing. It sounds like the ColorMunki software is complete junk and should not be used period? If its so bad. Why are they even putting it in? Because of the simplicity?

1 Rookie

• 

719 Posts

November 12th, 2014 13:00

Because DispcalGUI seems to be "too complicated" for some users and i1Profiler is for the more expensive colorimeter, another reason for its customers to buy the expensive one. It's the same reason that makes Munki Display unable to hardware calibrate any advanced monitor like GBLED dells, NEC spectraviews or Eizo Coloredge: Market segmentation.

For GPU calibration (non LUT3D hardware calibration) ArgyllCMS/DipscalGUI is FAR FAR BETTER than any commercial solution (Basiccolor, i1Profiler, Munki software, Datacolor software...)

No Events found!