Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 19th, 2013 17:00

U2413 SD Card Reader does not work with Windows 8.1

My SD-card reader is not working with Windows 8.1. There are no problems with the USB-ports. Any one else with the problems?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 30th, 2013 17:00

Lars-Lundberg,

Remove the the USB to the monitor.
* So you disconnected the USB upstream cable from the bottom of the monitor?

Uninstall the realtek driver.
* Since Realtek is also the name of the audio card, do you remember the exact name of the item you uninstalled in the Device Manager?

Insert the USB again and the correct driver will be installed.
* So you reconnected the USB upstream cable to the bottom of the monitor and let windows "find new hardware" and automatically load a driver?

7 Posts

December 1st, 2013 01:00

I think we're not really talking about an external SD reader which plugs into a USB port. We're talking an internal SD reader. There is just a physical slot in the laptop which the card can slide into. It seems like there's a few of us who have one of these and find it used to work but now it doesn't, Perhaps related to Windows 8.1. It seems that nobody has a fix at the moment so I suppose we'll just have to wait for Dell. It would be nice if they could explain the situation so we'd all know there was no point trying to fix it ourselves.

For now, it looks like I should buy an external reader.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 3rd, 2013 08:00

DaveCurtis,

Now I am confused. This thread was for discussing the U2413 monitors internal card reader. It sounds like you are referring to laptops internal card reader?

7 Posts

December 3rd, 2013 15:00

Oops, sorry, you may be correct. I saw somebody refer to a USB port and I thought they were talking about an external card reader. Yes, I am talking about an internal reader on a (precision) laptop.

On the other hand, it seems like I do have exactly the same problem as other people are experiencing and I gather that as yet there is no solution for it?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 4th, 2013 12:00

I am not sure on the Precision Laptops. Does your specific model have 8.1 support?

7 Posts

December 5th, 2013 00:00

I'm not sure what you mean? I bought it a few months ago with Windows 8 pre-installed. Then I upgraded to 8.1 using the standard Windows update procedure.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 5th, 2013 06:00

Did you click on the link I provided?

7 Posts

December 5th, 2013 10:00

No, I didn't notice it. I have a Precision M6700 so yes, it is supposed to support Windows 8.1.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 5th, 2013 12:00

Ok. Then you should repost the M6700 card reader issue on the Laptop General Hardware board. This way the users and the laptop liaison will see the thread.

No Events found!