Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 6th, 2014 13:00

U2413, crazy display after waking from sleep mode

I just installed and calibrated my U2413 monitor.  It seems that every time I wake the display after my computer has gone into sleep mode I get a garbled image. 

Most of the time if I turn the display off and back on the monitor resets itself. I'm using a dual monitor set up and the secondary display is fine.

How do I figure out if this is a problem with my display or my computer's video card?

Thanks

Crystal

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 12th, 2014 15:00

You could contact Customer Service and have them arrange a monitor exchange. You would keep your current monitors until the replacement arrives. Test the replacement, if it has the same issue, send the replacement back to Dell. If it does not have the issue, send the original back to Dell.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 7th, 2014 18:00

Crystal,

What computer?
What operating system?
What video card?
What ports are on the video card?
From what port on the video card to what port on the U2413?
Have you removed the secondary monitor from the setup and tested the U2413 by itself?
When the computer is off (not sleeping) and you power it on, does the U2413 have the issue?

5 Posts

March 10th, 2014 12:00

Oh yes. I apologize for my lack of forum etiquette.

Dell Optiplex 790

Windows 7 OS

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD6450

I used the DVI Connection 

Removed the secondary monitor and tested it. Same issue. Also tried moving the monitor to a different workstation with the same hardware. Same issue. 

When the computer is off and then powered on similar issue, less pattern but the colors are bright neon opposites of what they should be.   Interestingly today the trick of powering off the monitor via the OSD button, is not fixing the problem.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 10th, 2014 17:00

Is the computer desktop resolution 1920x1200 60Hz?
You are using the Dell supplied DVI-D cable?

Are you able to enter the monitor OSD (On Screen Display)? If yes -
* Press the Menu button to open the OSD (On Screen Display)
* Go to Other Settings
* Choose Factory Reset- Reset All Settings
* Go to Display Settings and verify it is using these settings
Aspect Ratio = Wide 16:10
Sharpness = 50
Uniformity Compensation = Off
Smart Video Enhance = Off
DislayPort 1.2 = Disable
* Go to Color Settings and verify it is using these settings
Input Color Format = RGB
Gamma = PC
Preset Modes = Standard
* Exit the OSD

5 Posts

March 11th, 2014 11:00

Yes the resolution is 1920x1200 60hz

Yes I'm using the Dell supplied DVI-D cable.

I did reset the monitor to factories settings.(The display settings were already set to what you noted above.)

The only setting that was different was in the Color Settings. I had  the Color Space preset set to Adobe RGB, which I had set intentionally to that choice.  Changing the setting to standard displays the colors correctly, as opposed to the bright crazy color opposites it was displaying before. The monitor wakes from sleep or a restart without any display issues.  However, the colors that display using the standard preset mode don't work well for the type of imaging work we purchased the monitor for. It appears that the problem only presents itself when using the Adobe RBG color space preset.   I can use the the sRGB color space preset and it everything seems to be fine.  I would prefer to use the monitor in Adobe RGB though. 

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 11th, 2014 18:00

* Open the AMD Catalyst Control Center
* Click Video
* Click Color- Advanced Video Color
* Choose Use AMD Settings
* Choose Dynamic Range Full (0 - 255)
* Click Apply- OK

Test Adobe RGB.

5 Posts

March 12th, 2014 09:00

I checked that. The dynamic range was already set to (0-255).  I applied it again just for the heck of it.  

Tested Adobe RGB. -- Monitor is still trippy. 

5 Posts

March 12th, 2014 16:00

Thanks. We were thinking of heading down that route too.

No Events found!