Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2016 04:00

U2414H Banding using sRGB preset.

My monitor is exhibiting banding with the sRGB preset. It doesn't do this on the Standard preset, but I would like to use the sRGB preset since that's the one that was factory calibrated. Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 11th, 2016 08:00

Did you use the OSD (On Screen Display) to Reset to Factory defaults? Post a picture of all the modes.

January 12th, 2016 08:00

No, I didn't reset to Factory Defaults. I wasn't sure if doing that would overwrite the factory calibrations. All I've done is change between preset modes and adjust brightness. I don't have a camera. I'm one of the few people who don't own a cellphone and who aren't Amish. But this is what is listed:

Standard

Multimedia

Movie

Game

Paper

Color Temp.

sRGB

Custom Color

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 13th, 2016 07:00

Factory default does not over write calibrations. I would reset and check all modes.

January 16th, 2016 11:00

I haven't installed the driver disc or ICC profile. Should I use the disc, or download the most recent version? Is the ICC profile on the disc related to the factory calibrations, or does every monitor get the same profile?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 16th, 2016 16:00

Install the driver from the File Library. The driver includes the INF, ICM (ICC), CAT files.

4 Posts

September 28th, 2017 17:00

Some gradient banding problem also on my new U2414H.

I had think it was related to low source video quality but i can see banding problem also on Spotify and Steam interface and on some videoclips in game (Witcher 2).

On this test page www.lagom.nl/.../gradient.php instead the banding problem is almost invisible.

Video Card Sapphire HD7870

OS Windows 10

Input Color Format: RGB

Preset Mode: sRGB

I would like to know if the author of this thread solved his problems.

What can I do to try to solve it?

No Events found!