Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 13th, 2014 03:00

U2414H, DP Problems, now entering power save mode

I had real problems setting up my three U2414H monitors. i then managed some how to download the new 14.6 catalyst control center software and it seems to be working fine, i'm not having 1 or 2 or even all 3 go into power save mode randomly and have a hard time getting them back on some times, its so frustrating. i have them connected via daisy chain with a 3m dp tp dp 1.2 cables from my gpu to the middle monitor and then middle to left with the supplies dp to mini dp cable and again left to right monitor with the supplied dell dp to mini dp cable, do i need to replace the 2 dell cables with 1.2 cables that actually state their 1.2 since i cant find anywhere online indicating the 1m supplied dell cables are 1.2. is it the 14.6 ccc, i know these monitors have a crazy amount of problems going on with them but is there any fix at all ? here are my specs 

Driver Packaging Version: 14.20-140522a-172180E
AMD Catalyst Version: 14.6
2D Driver Version: 8.01.01.1407
AMD Catalyst Control Center Version: AMD Catalyst Control Center Version

I have them set up in eyefinity, it seems i can only stay in full screen with 14.6 ccc i cant use the win +p key to change between extended and duplicate which is also an incredible pain. All 3 monitors are REV A01 . do you need any other information? please advise me on this situation 

8 Posts

June 13th, 2014 09:00

should i return these 3 to amazon and try to get hold of 3 REV A02 ?

does the new REV A02 solve all the problems ?

where would i purchase the new A02 from ? 

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

June 14th, 2014 10:00

I do not have any documentation stating that A02 is out? I and the Displays team are in the USA. I cannot speak to the UK stock (A00, A01). I know that in the USA, all A01 stock (cut cut in date 3/18/2014) should be fixed for this issue. Attempt to to return those to Amazon and buy directly from the Dell UK website. Perhaps our new product over there is also fixed.

1 Message

June 22nd, 2014 11:00

Hello DELL-CHRIS M, 

I am having the "entering power save mode" issue with my 2 dell U2414H monitors.

They are A00 version. Could you please point out where the information for the fix is?

I have called Dell and got nowhere on this issue.

Thanks. 

8 Posts

June 22nd, 2014 14:00

Hmm well considering ive been told A01 is the latest and i have 3 of them i think there is no fix, so heres were i am at the moment. i have 3 A01 monitors that were manufactured on April 2014 so very recently which supports what chris wrote. the random black outs seem to occur much less now maybe twice a day or maybe 3 days without any occurring.

At first they were happening very frequent and since the problem was narrowed down to the conection between the monitor and the gpu i decided to unistall my CCA version 14.6 (Catalyst Control Center) and then tried version 14.4 which was a nightmare to install with the constant blackout, after it still happening i decided to go down again and installed version 14.2 which is what im still using now and seems to be my best option atm.

The problem seems to occur primary when i i go into full screen mode and not when i use my monitors and 3 individual ones.

I have not yet contaced Dell support since as you said it got you no where so i just havnt bothered and I havnt decided to return the monitors yet since well, even if i return them and purchase them directly from dell im curtain the problem will continue to exist since thew will be a model just a recent as mine im using atm. I really want to keep these monitors and not just decided to return them and buy 1 big monitor since these really are magnificent and are the ideal monitor for an eyefinity setup.  Getting the monitor to turn back on is as simply as turning it off and on but it can get awfully frustrating. 

These monitors have placed me in a bit of a predicament, there's not much i can do unless i decide to choose different company. The problem certainly seems to be a connection problem between the monitors and my gpus and not the cables, how downgrading to CCA 14.2 helped my situation i dont know but it has. "for the moment"

4 Posts

July 1st, 2014 12:00

This issue has destroyed hours of a lot of peoples time now.

8 Posts

July 1st, 2014 12:00

The Question is, will the problem ever be resolved because as far as i can tell the only fix for this problem is to return the monitors and purchase one from a different company with as similar characteristics as possible, but there just isnt a monitor out there that can compete with the u2414h when it comes to eyefinity or nvidia surround. so really what can i do or anyone else ...

4 Posts

December 4th, 2014 21:00

Well, It's been six months on this thread, and I count about 18 other threads, and four professional reviews that have all identified the same DisplayPort issue with this monitor. Is Dell going to issue a patch, a recall, or anything?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 5th, 2014 06:00

We do not have any mechanism in place to allow customers to flash the firmware on Dell monitors, so no. And no, there will not be a recall. All you can do is keep asking for exchanges. All new and refurbished U2414H have been flashed to A03.

1 Message

February 4th, 2015 17:00

Well in interest of fairness i have to say that setting up my 3 x U2414H monitors (Rev A01 manuf. date Nov 2014) was simple. I have them all running off a single DisplayPort (Powercolor R9 280X running 14.12 Omega drivers) with the supplied mDP>DP cables using 1.2 MST daisy-chain function. No problems at all.

No Events found!