Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 28th, 2015 02:00

U2414H, keeps switching off randomly?

Hi there, I have a U2414H and it has been switching itself off pretty much ever since I got it almost a year ago. Why have I not sought for help sooner? Beats me. I've tried Dell's product support but I cannot seem to get the right product code and Dell system detect just does not work for some reason. Anyway, it just completely shuts off, and I just have to switch it on again, but it's been getting really annoying. It just switches off randomly and there doesn't seem to be anything that triggers it. I'm not exactly very tech savvy, so any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 27th, 2016 09:00

The cables must be fully seated on the video card out ports to function correctly. 

Sorry but I dont have a mDP cable on hand
* The U2414H shipped with one.

The is the USB upstream cable which enables the USB downstream ports on the monitor. You should review the U2414H Manual for further information.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 29th, 2015 07:00

None of the 24" or smaller monitors received a Dell Service Tag number which is the online Support tools will not work.

* What specific computer model?
* What operating system?
* What video card?
* What video out ports are available on the video card?
* What video out port are you using from the video card to what video in port on the monitor?
* What cable (s) are you using to attach the video card to the monitor?

7 Posts

January 2nd, 2016 06:00

Thanks for the prompt reply! I'm currently on Windows 10 with a custom PC. My graphics card is  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (ZOTAC International) and I'm using the HDMI port.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 2nd, 2016 08:00

Have you tested the monitor on another computer? What other ports are the video card to test on the monitor? What is the serial number and revision of the monitor?

7 Posts

January 3rd, 2016 22:00

No I have not tested it with any other monitor. Where can I find this serial number?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 4th, 2016 06:00

Should be a label on the rear of the monitor. What other ports are the video card to test on the monitor?

7 Posts

January 15th, 2016 23:00

Sorry, I dont see any labels

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 16th, 2016 10:00

It is #5 in the picture below =

7 Posts

January 17th, 2016 03:00

Oh I've found it now. It's CN-0JFK4W-74261-3B4-1RDL REV A00

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 18th, 2016 17:00

Manufactured on 11/4/13. Are there other ports on the Nvidia Zotac GeForce GTX 760 (DisplayPort ?) to test on the U2414H?

7 Posts

January 27th, 2016 05:00

This is what I see

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 27th, 2016 06:00

Based on the picture, it does not appear to me that the HDMI cable is fully seated in the video card HDMI in port due to that metal part. See how the video card ports are non-centered? All of its ports should be centered in between the metal. I would open the system up and try to reseat the video card. Or perhaps remove that metal separator.

It looks like the port on the right is full size DP (DisplayPort). Test in this way =
Video card DP out --> U2414H DP to mDP cable --> U2414H mDP in

7 Posts

January 27th, 2016 08:00

Sorry but I dont have a mDP cable on hand. I don't think I'm able to move the video card. Is it possible if the issue does not lie with the video transser? Whenever the problem occurs, the monitor just switches off, and does not show the "HDMI not detected' screen. The monitor's menu also appears randomly at times.

Also, may I ask what's the purpose of the pictured cable? I unplugged it and it seems to have not affected anything.Thanks again for the prompt responses!

No Events found!