Last year I purchased two Dell U2414H monitors to use with my Dell XPS 15 9560. I purchased a USB-C to DisplayPort cable and daisy chained with a DP -> Mini DP to the other monitor (so DP 1.2 is enabled). That worked fine for the last year or so. All of a sudden my dual monitor setup stopped working, so I started troubleshooting. Long story short, the issue is not with the cable or the laptop, but with the monitors properly reading DisplayPort / Mini Display Port input. I just built a desktop that is utilizing a GeForce RTX 2060 (2 DP, 1 HDMI, 1 DVI), and the monitors are, again, not recognizing DP or mini DP input - only HDMI. After reading through the forums it looks like this has been a significant issue since 2014. What is the recommended course of action?
* Click my name and private message me both of the U2414H service tag numbers and 20 digit serial numbers
* From whom did you purchase these U2414H?
Power reset them. Test them one at a time
* Turn the monitors and PC off
* Disconnect all cables (including the power cable) from the rear and side of the monitors
* If a mechanical monitor power button, press the button in for 8 seconds (clears any residual power in the circuits). If not a mechanical power button, just wait 8 seconds
* Reconnect the power cable and the provided DP to mDP cable to #1 U2414H
GeForce RTX 2060 DP out port --> #1 U2414H DP to mDP cable --> #1 U2414H mDP in port
* Turn the #1 U2414H on, then the PC. What happens?
* Turn the PC off
* Disconnect #1 U2414H DP to mDP cable from the GeForce RTX 2060 DP out port
* Repeat the above testing for #2 U2414H DP to mDP cable and #2 U2414H