Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 12th, 2015 10:00

U2415, Latitude E7440, E-Dock, Daisy Chaining

I am trying to daisy chain two Dell U2415 monitors from a Dell E-dock with a Dell Latitude E7440 using Dell DisplayPort cables.

I enabled DP 1.2 on the first montior and disabled it on the last one. Both monitors appeared on the DisplayPort Topology, but both monitors also show a message saying no computer is connected and then they go into sleep mode. Oddly, the menus for both monitors are now unnacessible, and I can neither enable or disable DP 1.2. All I can do is select the input source. The monitors also do not work now if I connect them as single displays.

Is daisy chaining something that isn't supported by this brand of Dell monitor or could these particular Dell monitors be defective?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 12th, 2015 11:00

The monitors are not defective and do support DP daisy chain. Not all of the E series docking stations will do the DP daisy chain. You have to look at the dock specifications for your dock to see.

Dock 1
Update APR and SPR with USB 3.0 and DP 1.2 to remain competitive

Dock 2
Adds the ability to daisy chain displays

Dock 3
Update APR and SPR with USB 3.0 and DP 1.2 to remain competitive

Dock 4
Adds the ability to daisy chain displays

In your case, the DP daisy chain failed so you have to do this on page 29 to unlock them.
"Repeat the above steps to change the setting back to DP 1.1a if necessary."

I would test without your dock =
Latitude E7440 rear mDP out --> mDP to DP cable --> #1 U2415 DP in (DP 1.2 Enabled)
#1 U2415 DP out --> DP to mDP cable --> #2 U2415 mDP in (DP 1.2 Disabled)

2 Posts

November 12th, 2015 13:00

It was the dock. I found an old Dock 2 and it didn't work either. Daisy chaining works from the laptop just fine.

No Events found!