Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 25th, 2016 22:00

U2415, all around gap between Windows desktop and monitor's edge (bezel)

Hi,

I have a Dell Ultrasharp U2415. I already read all the FAQs and I know that I have to perform the BID, but before doing so I just want to know if it is normal to have a gap between the Windows desktop and the monitor edge. So the Windows desktop is not covering or filling the entire screen. There is an all around smaller than 1/4" gap from the edge of the windows desktop to the edge of the monitor's bezel, and this model have almost no bezel. Graphic settings in Windows 10 are set to use the monitor native 1920x1200 resolution. I have tried with different computers (all of them Windows 10), and the drivers are up to date. The monitor is connected via HDMI since I don't have laptops with DP interfaces. The laptops have Intel and ATI video cards. I check for the scaling option on the video card software and it is set to 100%. So, is that gap normal? Is the Windows 10 desktop edge supposed to touch the monitors physical edge?  If the gap is not normal I will proceed with the built in test.

TIA!

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 26th, 2016 07:00

Based on the YouTube reviews, that appears to be normal. But you should run the BID to see if that "smaller than 1/4" gap" appears. If yes, then we can say it is normal. If not, then some setting in the operating system is the culprit.

5 Posts

May 26th, 2016 14:00

I run the test and several colors were displayed; red, green, blue and grey and at the end there were some words with the resolution and there were no errors and everything seems to be fine. The gap was visible during the whole test. Is there a way to override that? I will like to use all me screen real state!

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 26th, 2016 16:00

I have never heard of anyone doing this.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 27th, 2016 07:00

b4ckstein,

Thanks for the clarification.

23 Posts

May 27th, 2016 07:00

Hi! The expression "Slim Bezel" is slightly misleading. When i switched on my new UP2716D a while ago I was wondering about the same 5millimeter "gap" as you do now. Its normal and it wont get bigger than this, because there are no pixels in this "gap". Look at the outermost part of the screen when its lit with a bright image or just "white" from a very flat angle and you'll see and understand whats going on.

No Events found!