Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

June 26th, 2018 23:00

U2415, not saving brightness settings between preset modes

Hi, I have a problem with the Dell U2415 monitor.

There doesn't seem to be an option to save brightness/contrast settings between modes. For instance, if I modify the brightness in the standard preset, the setting applies to all modes, not just the one.

I need to have different modes to change once i am working and once i am gaming, for example, because i need very different brightness and contrast settings for that.

Somebody could help me?

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 27th, 2018 05:00

The U2415 is working as designed so not broken. You cannot save B/C (Brightness/Contrast) for each mode via the U2415 Menu itself. You should reset the U2415 to Factor Defaults in the OSD (On Screen Display) Menu- Others so that the B/C are both 75. Honestly, I do not know if this is even possible. But change the U2415 Preset Modes to a mode. Then make the B/C changes via the video card control panel for that specific mode. See if it has a "save profile" function. If not, you will simply have to adjust the B/C in the video card control panel everytime you change the U2415 Preset Mode.

3 Apprentice

• 

426 Posts

June 27th, 2018 14:00

I'm not sure about the U2415 specifically, but Dell monitor preset modes typically include, relativize and sometimes even disable monitor brightness and contrast values. But if you're creative, you can do what you want using the Dell Display Manager command-line.

Let's say you want to run your games using the U2415 Game preset mode, with a brightness value of 85% and a contrast setting to 80%. Create a Windows shortcut on your desktop to DDM with the following command-line parameters:

ddm.exe /SetNamedPreset Game /SetBrightnessLevel 85 /SetContrastLevel 80

Create another shortcut using your work preferences, e.g.,

ddm.exe /SetNamedPreset Standard /SetBrightnessLevel 75 /SetContrastLevel 70

Define shortcut/hot keys to these shortcuts to speed things up. And make sure Auto-mode is turned off in DDM. Then just switch between them - and any others you may have use for - as needed.

No Events found!