Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

AU

November 28th, 2017 23:00

U2417H, Inspiron 7579 Laptop, usage

Have I got this setup the correct way for this particular laptop and monitor setup? I seem to only be able to get the monitor to work if I connect them with an HDMI to HDMI cable but to get the extra ports on the monitor to work I have also had to plug in the USB 3.0 upstream cable (which apparently enables the USB ports on the monitor). So it takes two cables to get everything working? Note: The HDMI to HDMI cable was not supplied with monitor, the DP cable (DP to mDP) that is supplied I don't have a connection on laptop for) . I have an external hard drive and a mouse plugged into the monitor and they are both working as long as I have it setup this way.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 29th, 2017 06:00

So it takes two cables to get everything working?
* Correct. The U2417H User's Guide page 27 also would have walked you through this process.

November 29th, 2017 15:00

Thanks it came with an instruction manual on dvd but unfortunately laptop doesn't have a drive and while looking for an online version I came across this forum. I have to say that assembly of the monitor was the simplest procedure well done Dell.

No Events found!