Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

June 23rd, 2018 13:00

U2417H, dust inside center, 1 month used

I living in Vietnam, I have bought a monitor from 3rd reseller, in my country can't buy directly from DELL but it offical monitor with 36 months warranty.

Now after 1 month used, my monitor get a dust at near center of screen about 4 pixels, I was checked, it's not stuck pixel or deadpixel and is gray color, it's a dust, I tried to clear outside screen but it wasn't affected, dust wasn't gone, I dont understand how dust can get inside screen, it's so bother me.

I was contacted to DELL Vietnam via call method, they sent me email and required some image of this issue. And finally they said that's my fault and reject warranty. It's not my fault, I cant bring dust into inside screen. It's a vulnerable of design.

This Image

error.PNG

this video of issue. Dust clearly visible at the end of Video

https://youtu.be/cwJ549JNDyM

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 23rd, 2018 14:00

Your statement, "It's a vulnerable of design", is not proven. We have not seen this complaint before so I would not classify this as a systemic failure of all U2417H. What you failed to mention or show in your video was the environment that this U2417H was in? Dell Vietnam Support should have stated this from the start, "Because we never sold this monitor in Vietnam, it is not warranted by Dell and you cannot get an exchange through Dell. Once the monitor leaves the validated country of origin and goes to a country that never sold the monitor, the warranty stays with the original purchaser.". Your only option is to contact the 3rd reseller and ask for an exchange. 

2 Posts

June 23rd, 2018 23:00

On some U2417H monitor but not for all, I'm using on normal environment, I have used U1708, E2214, E2216, P2314 in my room, but none of them got dust inside screen, on E2214 and P2314 get only some dead pixel, U1708 was died after 7 years old. I thinks my monitor is defective product. I contact to Dell Vietnam on this phone number: 1800 545 455

7 Posts

June 25th, 2018 00:00

Probably not a dust, it should be panel burnt.

See the shape of the point, if it is a dust it should not be symmetrical. Besides, how can dust go that far into the center of the screen. should not it  be tight between panel itself.

Try to explain to tech nicely, i think it should be fine :) good luck

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 25th, 2018 03:00

"panel burnt"
I have never heard of that description relating to a panel. But as I already stated, Dell will not exchange this. He has to go to the reseller and ask for an exchange.

No Events found!